Post by LT16 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Kiki topped with Glacier
Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG (44.36 KiB) Viewed 5538 times
Lemon

Re: Swatch Gallery-

Post by Lemon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:42 pm

If anyone is curious: Pose eye shadow, the GWP for Feb 20-Feb 24 (I think). Pose appears like a cool soft shimmery brownish bronze with what looks like purple and green sparkle. I haven't worn it out yet. I'm also a novice, and I don't know how to wear dark eyeshadows.

The top swatch is Pose applied wet, and bottom swatch is Pose heavily applied dried.
Image Image
I see that the next GWP is a lip gloss :o ...ahh..now I want to place another order!!
bestbeauty

Post by bestbeauty » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:30 am

Oohh! I was curious, but now I'm really looking forward to receiving pose as I placed an order yesterday.
Lemon, thank you for satisfying my curiosity until the order(s) arrive....
Loving the Spring Collection from SN.

Helen xx

bbfriendforever.blogspot.co.uk
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 am

No problem bestbeauty! Hope you enjoy Pose...somehow the name "Pose" makes me think of Derek Zoolander sucking in his cheeks.

Swatches of Bailey (Tan Suede) and Sweet Tea (Deep Peachy Brown). Just by looking at the bottom of the containers, both Bailey and Sweet Tea looked similar, but Sweet Tea being a tad darker. But swatching on skin, there is a noticeable difference. Both have a suede finish, and both are different color variations of tea with milk...mmm glistening milk tea.

Bailey (top swatch) & Sweet Tea (bottom swatch) applied dried. Last photo is with flash. Sorry, my camera makes colors fade..so I have to enhance contrast.
Image Image Image
bestbeauty

Post by bestbeauty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Lemon,
those swatches of bailey and sweet tea look nice too....

When pose turns up I can do a EOTD / tutorial for you as you said in the previous post that you don't know how to wear dark shadows.....if you would like... :)

Helen xx

Lemon

Post by Lemon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm

bestbeauty wrote:Hi Lemon,
those swatches of bailey and sweet tea look nice too....

When pose turns up I can do a EOTD / tutorial for you as you said in the previous post that you don't know how to wear dark shadows.....if you would like... :)
Yes, please! :D ..that would be very helpful, bestbeauty. I usually just use pale colors on the lid, but I don't know where to apply the medium to dark shades like Pose. Thanks!
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Is it just me or does Bailey look like Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter?
bestbeauty

Re: Swatch Gallery

Post by bestbeauty » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Lemon, I finally received my GWP pose yesterday, only for the camera to have run out of battery.....anyway I decided that pose wasn't as dark as it looked on screen, so given the colour in front of me and the very limited SN eye shadows that I own generally, to pair with pose, this is what I did....I kept it simple.....

Stick 'em all over the lid
Bone crease to brow with a fluffy brush.
Pose patted on dry, lash line to crease with a smallish flat brush. Run this gently below the lower lash line.
When deciding to how far up to take the colour, I suggest that you pat it on as if you are placing the shadow onto the top of the eyeball (sort of) See pic.
I know this sounds odd as I write, but I find that it works if you don't know where to stop the colour.
Take the same fluffy brush you used for bone, and blend the two, working up and out.
If you wish, add some nekkid to this area, above the crease.
Mix some clear cream liner medium with some basalt, and make a little eyeliner - apply with a pushliner brush, across top lash line only.
Add mascara.

Helen xx

egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Oh, now I'm sad I missed Pose. All the GWPs lately have been perfect as one washes or highlights for me.
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks bestbeauty for helpful photos! This looks like something that even I could do. You have such pretty eyes and skintone!