Holiday!?!?!?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Holiday!?!?!?

Post by karen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:05 pm

So- it's really just a few weeks before Christmas. I do have some vague ideas that I'll be fleshing out soon- along with some of the skin care gumballs that we really need to release in full size, and a few other tricks up my sleeve.

BUT I thought I'd check in with you all to see what you may like for Christmas this year! The other thought that has been mentioned here and there is bringing back some of the GWP colors for a limited run. I'm not sure Holiday is the right time to do that... I'm thinking maybe it might be better to do it closer towards Valentine's Day, or after Christmas.

So I guess while I'm posting...what GWP colors would you like to see come back? And what would you like to see for Christmas? At the party we just had we had a guy come in to get some makeup for his girlfriend...Susan steered him towards Olive You and Honey- so she wants to do some kits that guys can get for their gals without having to really think about it too much. Jamie wants to do a teen collection or kit.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Re: Holiday!?!?!?

Post by egerandi » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm

The GWP colors I would like to see again for sure is Enigma and Pink Twink. I know I missed a few others, so it would be cool to get my hands on them, but sadly I don't know their names.

It came up a few times, and I just mentioned it in another thread, but a set of liner colors would be really cool. Nobody will ever use up the full size, and Jen mentioned that they may have to be tossed way before that, so perhaps a smaller amount of the liners in a kit would work great?

Kits are alwasy fun and makes it easier to buy gifts. Perhaps we should start a thread that includes kits of already existing items? Someone suggested a 'club kit' or something: smokey eyes and nude lippies?

I would love to see mixing mediums for blushes and more of that liner mixer (works great for foiling)!

More stains, please! Make them multipurpose if possible, so they can be used on lips and cheeks :)
Heathcliff79

Post by Heathcliff79 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Yes! Definitely more easy-to-find and easy-to-order kits, even if they're with already-existing colors (e.g., for the brown-eyed girl, for the glamour girl, for breaking the glass ceiling). Also, for people who don't know the brand's products really really well, it could be useful to have kits that are designed for a specific effect: e.g., "Just come in from the snow" (w/ a fresh pink lipstick, a frosty silver shadow duo, and a bright pink blush).
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm

How about a palette of the existing cream liner colors, and perhaps a LE liner for the holidays? Perhaps something that's really fun and sparkly, like a beautiful bright purple, or a bright, shimmery teal? It could also include the clear liner sealer and an empty palette for blending your own shadow and clear sealant?

Yeah, I know- that sounds too commercial, but I was thinking of a product that wouldn't need any special additives for a compact? These wouldn't be full-size, and it would be a good way for someone to have a collection of the liners without buying up these pods that might take forever for one to use them up.

Or perhaps a small compact with Sparkle, and something along the lines of a sheer, silvery cream liner- that could give eyes a glossy and shimmery look?

I guess that I'm too ambitious, LOL.

A LE party kit would be good- a special LE shimmery lipstick and maybe a couple of the really fun GWP eye shadows?

Since it's winter, what about one of those scrub bars you were offering as a gumball awhile back? Maybe a trio of lovely scents as a pampering holiday gift? On Etsy, I've actually seen a jar of these mini scrub bars. You remove them one at a time, take one into the shower with you. Since you don't reach into the jar with wet fingers and scoop it out, it doesn't get contaminated the way a conventional body scrub might. I think a lavender-vanilla scent would be absolutely wonderful- with perhaps a massage bar or lotion with it, scented the same? It would make a great gift kit! A two oz bottle of lotion and 5-6 small mini scrub melts- fab gift! Keeping a gift item like that fairly small so it's not so much one couldn't use it up quickly while it's still fresh would probably keep cost down too. Sliding it into a pretty silvery gift bag, and it's a stocking stuffer!

I know that I've probably jumped the shark here and all, and I probably wouldn't buy ALL of it myself (OK, I've spent an obscene amount of money at SN, so I might :oops: )- but others might find one of them to be just the ticket.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 pm

PS- I vote for stains, too. Cloning LORAC's Sheer Magic would be a color I could actually wear.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
BlowFarAway

Post by BlowFarAway » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 am

I third the liner kit/pallette idea! Ironically I emailed you about this because I want to buy them all, but not full size.
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir
mlle.gnome

Post by mlle.gnome » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:33 am

I also vote for stains, maybe even a kit with different colors for going out, weekend, office etc.

I would like to see a blush kit with a pale pink ;) Heathcliff's "just in the from snow" would be adorable! Or a blush kit with color and highlighter color.

Also maybe a foundation primer that goes on after moisturizer? I know there's Perfecting Powders, but i'd really like to see a gel/liquid/non-powder version. Ive just experiemented with Benefit's Dr.Feelgood complexion balm, and love that it keeps my face velvetly feeling, and smile lines "filled" so makeup doesnt settle in lines, but loathe its pore clogging! If there was an SN version of a facial complexion balm, that would be really cool! (I was using the dr.feelgood then perfecting powder and loved how i looked, for no foundation days. have since returned it!)
-Maybe something like a BB cream
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 am

I would love a "frosted" collection of pearles- shadows, blush, and lippie- all frosted. Especially some frosted pinks- snowbunny colors. The entire year has been all about bold makeup trends so I really think soft feminine colors will be coming back in- soft pinks, purples, and white/grey/silvers. With an in-from-the-cold cheek and lip stain to boot ;)

I also really like the look of Bobbi Brown's winter "Chrome" Palette: http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/temp ... =PROD15038
Bobbi Brown Holiday- Chrome Palette
Bobbi Brown Holiday- Chrome Palette
chrome.jpg (17.24 KiB) Viewed 7799 times
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
xraisonxdetre

Post by xraisonxdetre » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:28 am

I really like a lot of the ideas so far!

I was thinking maybe within the holiday collection, have 2 mini/complimentary/flipped collections because the holidays have 2 very distinct parts: the bundled up, I'm freezing (thought not so much for me over here in CA! lol), I can see my breath, wearing 500 layers, and then theres the its the holidays! i'm going to wear my my dress and high heels and i don't care how cold it is part. I think it would be great it the collection could address both! Maybe a day and night theme, day being the snow bunny look many people have brought up with frosted shades and night being similar to maybe the MAC magic,mirth,mischief collection, a bolder, more of a night out type look. Maybe a few e/s, a blush (or two!) and a lippie/stain for each look...Just my two cents!

On a personal wish: I would love some frosted shades with gold shimmer/pearl (or just warm toned in general!). I have some MAC frosted e/s from before I figured out what the whole warm/cool thing was, and go figure I bought a few cool shades (I mean, really.....you have a 50/50 chance of buying the right tone!), but I love the frosted look and most of the frosted shades I see are more cool..I don't know if its just me or not though..I think for the "frost" look you kind of have to go with more a more silverish tinge? But I think Papyrus is a great example of a warm frost :)
xraisonxdetre

Post by xraisonxdetre » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:31 am

Oh and the gwp I would love to see again is Fool's Gold! I LOVEEE it :) It could be part of the night time look hehehe