Everything is fine...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Everything is fine...

Post by karen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:57 am

DH updated our security certificate for the web site last night and it's doing odd things to the forum if you click on the link from the main page.

The site is secure- actually a bit more secure today than it was 24 hours ago, but there's something odd when you click on the link. I don't fully understand it, but DH is working on it right now.

I repeat- everything is secure.

Happy Monday!!!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
karen
Site Admin

Re: Everything is fine...

Post by karen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:31 pm

DH has it all fixed- I think. Please let me know if you see anything odd with security certificates. Thanks!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 am

If you try to log in on the main sn page it comes up with a page that says the site has an untrusted connection. I'm using firefox.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 am

Colleen wrote:If you try to log in on the main sn page it comes up with a page that says the site has an untrusted connection. I'm using firefox.
I too had this same issue and then the news stated that this would come up on sites that have been hacked ... made me nervous :? :shock:

Karen would this be why I have to retype all my login in info again and then inter the spam code again?? :?:
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm

It makes me uncomfortable so I haven't actually logged in. I need to make a skin care order soon, but I want to make sure it's safe.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Well this was doing this on the forum site ( it did not do it for the last two days) and now I see it is now doing it on the MU site... :o :o :o I would not login in there yet either Colleen.
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm glad the forum seems to be working! We actually upgraded our security certificate for the site, so it's better than it's ever been. It's just when he installed it- something happened with a doohickey and it made the forum act oddly. The main commerce site actually has stronger encryption than it did before.

If it shoots you an odd error message let me know, but DH checks the server logs daily, and gets alerts sent to his phone if anything untoward happens- to the point when he knows I've released a collection because his phone goes bezerk with notifications of higher than normal server loads.

It hasn't been hacked. If anything like that ever happened I'd let you know right away. I'd sooner shut the site down temporarily than risk anything bad happening to your computer.

Are any of you using bookmarked links to get to the site? I as far as I understand this might be a relic from the hosting change we did a few years ago (I only understand about every 3rd word DH says when he talks about this stuff).
tardis

Post by tardis » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm

It's also comforting that SN uses PayPal so if it the site were hacked, the worst anyone would ever get is names, address, and your favorite shades of eyeshadows. No credit card information.

Because people aren't using the same password for different websites, right? Right? Different password for every account you have. Pick a non-dictionary, alphanumeric base password and then add on some kind of code per account so you can remember it. That way if someone gets your Silk Naturals account password, they don't automatically get access to your email, PayPal, and bank accounts at the same time.
Cheece

Post by Cheece » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 am

tardis wrote:It's also comforting that SN uses PayPal so if it the site were hacked, the worst anyone would ever get is names, address, and your favorite shades of eyeshadows. No credit card information.

Because people aren't using the same password for different websites, right? Right? Different password for every account you have. Pick a non-dictionary, alphanumeric base password and then add on some kind of code per account so you can remember it. That way if someone gets your Silk Naturals account password, they don't automatically get access to your email, PayPal, and bank accounts at the same time.
Thanks for this reminder! Somehow almost all of my passwords have wound up the same, even though I used to keep them slightly different. I started to go through and change them, but then forgot the new pw for my emails and haven't done any more since! Going to go change some more now :)
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm

I can log in fine now. Thanks Karen's DH.