Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by karen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Thank you for bearing with me during vacation...I got back after a great Christmas break and promptly got a fairly nasty cold, but I'm on the mend!

Last year we really expanded the line quite a bit, and I feel like the collections we released were some of the strongest ones that we've done.

This year I'd like to try to simplify a little, and focus on giving you all a great SN experience. The first thing I'd really like to do is condense all of the foundations. I'm thinking of switching the colored bases over to just the vegan formula- and adding peach and deep ebony to that lineup. The tinted bases are mainly pigment, and most of the time you're using them in small amounts- so hopefully 99.99% of you won't really notice any difference at all.

I'm hoping to have that change in place by February.

For Valentines- what would you like to see? What improvements would you like to see us make in 2012?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ErinL

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by ErinL » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Karen, I'm sorry to hear that you are sick! I think that holidays seem to do that to us so well! :? I hope you feel 100% soon!!!

Oh golly, the last couple of collections have been real hum-dingers. :lol: A-maz-ing!!!! I'm still collecting things from them. :D

For Valentine's!!!! I copied this from my post in the wishlist section:
I'd like some peach/coral lip colors!! :lol: Not quite as bright as Zinnia, but darker thank Ginny! And maybe a darker shade of Ambrosia in the ALG formula, with some green and lavender sparkles?
And I'd like a warm medium pink liquid lipgloss with blue and gold sparkles.
Maybe it's the strangely-warm weather we are having, or who-knows what--but I have this deep hankering for anything and everything peach and coral!! Warm lip colors are at the top of my "SN Wishlist". :D

And thank you so much for asking!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm sorry to hear you are sick, hope you feel better soon!

I have been loving all the new releases, what a fun year last year was! And the ALG formula is just amazing, i am totally head over heels in love with it!

I wrote this in the Wish List section as well, in the Valentines thread that Erin started, but since this is the official thread I figured I would put it here.

The colors you describe sound fun Erin, I'd also love some lighter peaches and pinks with green sparkles/interference.

I would also love a light cool shade (like Wistaria or maybe a cross of Wistaria and Provoke) with lots of gold iridescence.

And a light pink with blue iridescence. I love blue iridescence, it makes my teeth look so white. This could be part of a "makes teeth look whiter" lippie series :)

I would also absolutely love an ALG that is a cool purply light nude with gold iridescence/sparkle. I mix Bella+Nice Tan+Excite and it is just the prettiest color ever! I would love to just have one lippie like this and not have to mix :)

I would also love to see a clear lip gloss.
And I would love a plumping gloss that has that same ingredient that the ALG has and the minty tingle. I would also love it if it was a little thicker and stickier than the regular glosses, as I find that thicker stickier glosses last longer on my lips.

That's all I can think of for now, I am sort of obsessed with lip products at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:46 pm

My best wishes go to Karen too! And thanks!

As for wishes - "lippies that make teeth look whiter" would be great. Teeth can never be too white and the smile too sparkling :-)
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
frckls

Post by frckls » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Awww, Karen! Get well soon!

I've typed in my request in Wish List section, but i'll just type it again here.

I've just been doing some small research over the net about the benefit of Tamanu Oil and Rosehip Oil and its regenerative, rejuvenating, anti-oxidant capability, along with being chockfull of vitamins.

I think it would be really awesome if SN can make a moisturizer consisting a mix or either of those two oils in SN's marvelous moisturizer formula. I love SN moisturizer to lock in my serums. Not tacky nor greasy. Just perfect.
Maybe throw in Helichrysum and/or Sea Buckthorn EO (Helichrysum is pricey tho).
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Real makeup setting spray....along the lines of UD DeSlick.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 pm

I hope you get better soon!

Keep making lippies, because I'm planning to place a large order in February! ;)

I would love more little kits like the Bombshell or eye kits (btw, I have scoured the site and didn't find out about the Bombshell kit til a forum thread mentioned it, and then only found it by searching!). Maybe a little Valentine's kit with eyeshadow, lippie, and a blush sample? I love all three products and have tons of all of them! I would love more lippies with gold shimmer like Oxana mentioned, too. Blue iridescence sounds awesome, but really any iridescence does. I'm completely obsessed with SN and particularly lippies at the moment; I don't want to wear any others!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Hope you feel better soon Karen!

I would like to see the Molten cream eyeliner become permanent and maybe a couple of new colors in the cream liners. I love the eyeliner palette, but some days when I am in a hurry it would be great to have more forgiving colors that give just a little oomph (like Molton). I would also love to have a perfecting powder along the lines of splendid or liberty. I use them both all the time, but need to cut it with finish powder to avoid too much glow.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:41 am

I like many of the lippie suggestions above.
I will add my desire for a few more lip stains: a true Red, a neutral or warm Rose shade, and also a shade similar to Roxie but lighter and brighter, less brown, more pink--a Coral Roxie.
I really love my Jet Set Lippie Palette and would like to see more palettes offered, especially in the ALG and lipstick formulas.
I always wish for lip-liners, though I understand why producing them is difficult.
Some versatile refillable packaging would be nice, like a large compact with a good mirror and a few capped compartments for various powders, shadows, or whatnot.
Sultry dewy eye colors for Valentines Day. Brighter crisper colors for spring.

Karen, do take care! Wishing you deep rest, good food, warm baths, and many long foot rubs. Feel better :)
Last edited by Maeva on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 am

Maeva, thanks for bringing up lip stains, I totally forgot to rave about those, they are so awesome! I would also love to see more shades, Chloe is the only one that is everyday wearable for me, but it is borderline too bright.
I would love a pale sheer wash of lavender or a really cool pink colored lip stain :) Basically Chloe but cooler.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com