Just wondering if there's anything like...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ticklemytentoes

Just wondering if there's anything like...

Post by ticklemytentoes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Bare Escentuals clear radiance. I received it as a gift and started using a light dusting over my foundation and looooooove the youthful healthy look it gives my skin. I can't (or won't) spend that much on one jar of anything so I was wondering if there's anything anyone could suggest that would be similar. I am a light/medium neutral (maybe slightly warm) and I want a little color with a slightly dewy finish--NOT glittery. I could go for the pinkish or even peach probably. Thanks in advance!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Just wondering if there's anything like...

Post by karen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 am

I'm not super familiar with that product- but have you tried Perfecting Powder or Date Bait?? They sound about like you describe- but I'm not 100% on that.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ticklemytentoes

Post by ticklemytentoes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Hmmmm....think I have a small date bait. Will have to try and see what I think. Thank you! :)
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 pm

I'm very familiar with BE Clear Radiance as I use it almost every day :) I think the closest item in the SN line would be the Strawberries & Champagne Blush, except that it does have a light sprinkling of sparkles to it....but it's not a lot and it's very, very pretty. I will sometimes use this in place of Clear Radiance or on top of it. It's very light and can easily be used as a radiance rather than a blush. Try a sample out :)
ticklemytentoes

Post by ticklemytentoes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Woohoo! AWESOME! Thank you TrixieJim. I'll definitely add that to my order! Isn't it wonderful complexion booster? :) LOOOOOOOVE IT! Thanks again....
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:55 pm

Cheeky is about the same colour as the Strawberries and Champagne sans sparklies, too. And Sassy and Rich are the non sparkle and sparkle versions that are close to those with just a touch of apricot, though quite pinky.

This may just be Rhys-code for 'there's a sample sale on, guys, try everything!' though. I've been known to do that :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:15 am

It sounds really pretty...I'll check it out next time I'm at Sephora! Of course I'm kind of a sucker for anything pink and sparkly though... Cherub glow is a really pretty light shimmery pink. It may be a little OTT for all over your face, but a very pretty color for highlighting.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
bestbeauty

Post by bestbeauty » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:55 am

Are any of the glows like BE clear radiance?

I too received this as a gift and it is lovely...I just found it whilst having a clear out....looking for nearly empty jars to store SN foundations in.....

Thought I would ask as it's an old post and I'm new here, so feel that new products may have come into being since the last post.

TIA! xx
Loving the Spring Collection from SN.

Helen xx

bbfriendforever.blogspot.co.uk
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:54 am

Pristine Perfecting glow is the dupe of Pure Radiance.
HTH
Heidi