The glow

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fairyfli

The glow

Post by fairyfli » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi all,
I have been struggling lately with my foundation... While I love silk naturals and how light it feels, I keep wanting my face to have a nice glow to it... which it just doesn't. My face often times looks just really dull I guess would be the best word for it. I have quite a bit of peach fuzz on my face and it seems to catch the foundation and keeps it looking powdery :( . I even went so far as to try another different foundation but wow that was awful I won't be doing that again ;) ! I want to get that nice inner glow or dewiness that is on the cheeks and face. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear it! :D
JenK

Re: The glow

Post by JenK » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:05 pm

fairyfli wrote:My face often times looks just really dull I guess would be the best word for it. I have quite a bit of peach fuzz on my face and it seems to catch the foundation and keeps it looking powdery
I suffer from the same thing (I just got a No No hair removal thingie, tried for the first time today...fingers crossed). Do you use the All Purpose Foundation? I find it works better on the fuzz than the original. Tempt Tryst gives me the best "glow". I found the more silica a product has the more it clings to the fuzz.
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks JenK,
I do use the all purpose because I wanted to try it moist to see if that doesn't help.I will have to look into tempt treat!
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Have you tried the Glow foundation or Glow powders?

Splendid sounds almost exactly like what you're looking for.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/splen ... p-550.html

I'm yellow and pink though, so I prefer something like Crystal or Flattery.

Also, my skin doesn't like straight up foundations. I use Equalizer and Date Bait instead.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sat May 19, 2012 5:25 am

My skin has been really dry lately (acne treatment), so after I apply my foundation I put a little moisturizer on the palms of my hands, and lightly pat it over my foundation. It stops that dry tight feeling for me and gives a nice glow, without rubbing the foundation off. Maybe give that a try :)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Sat May 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks all... I did just order a bigger version of splendid I might have to put just a bit of zinc or something in it to lighten just a touch... but it does give a nice shimmer. I will have to try the lotion bit do you use any of Karen's lotions? My skin has been a bit dry but with the seasons changing I am sure it will equal out! Thanks for the tips though!