Combining zinc with equalizer

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fairyfli

Combining zinc with equalizer

Post by fairyfli » Sun May 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi all,
So I love the zinc powder... i usually put it on before my makeup to sort of use it as a primer... But I have fallen in love with the equalizer as well... So I was wondering how much of the green would I lose if I combined the two together? I am trying to reduce the steps in my morning routine... and right now I have 3 steps before I even get foundation on.. :P

I love Karens products so I am just trying to figure out the best way to do this. I do use the equalizer to cover some redness in the face but it is not a lot so I am thinking that I could probably combine the two butI would really love to hear back before I do it! Happy Mothers day!
JenW

Re: Combining zinc with equalizer

Post by JenW » Sun May 13, 2012 3:37 pm

The Ultra Sheer Zinc is pretty sheer. Why not try a mix of the two at about 1:1 and see what that does for you. Just make enough for a few days. (I am so trying this myself!)

If it does cut down on the coverage of the green, you might want to do 2 layers. It can only be better to do two layers as far as the Ultra Sheer Zinc is concerned, too!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
fairyfli

Re: Combining zinc with equalizer

Post by fairyfli » Tue May 15, 2012 6:19 pm

So I have tried it and I like it but it did lighten up the equalizer a bit... I might do more like 1.5 or 2 scoops to 1 scoop of zinc... but really I liked the easiness of being able to swipe on something quick in the morning and getting to my foundation faster! Woohoo! :D