Not a clue

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
emilky

Not a clue

Post by emilky » Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Hiya everybody

Complete SN virgin here, I've been trawling the site and forum but I'm still so confused and clueless!! Just wondering if someone can please point me in the right direction as I've no idea what to get make up-wise. I'll give a bit of background:

I'm 23, long medium brown hair, classic 'english rose' with fairly light skin tone, rosy cheeks and I'd say a neutral/pinky undertone. I have some pigmentation and acne scarring though nothing too serious and my skin is typically combination, oily t-zone with some blackheads and dehydrated skin everywhere else.

I'm in the UK so would order as much stuff as I can hopefully without the shipping and customs costs being tooo much, I am however moving to Brazil for a year this coming summer which has added to my confusion about colours etc.

Thanks in advance for the help, ladies

Emily
JenW

Re: Not a clue

Post by JenW » Mon May 21, 2012 6:52 pm

I would start with a foundation sample kit. The Original Foundation is easiest to get a match. It does sound like you will most likely fall into the Ebony or Warm Gold color tone. I would also pick up a sample of Flirt blush and (it is so hard to narrow down the lip gloss) Breathless Kisser Slicker. If you have pink undertones, you are a good candidate for Date Bait finishing powder.

I know there are other gals from the UK that can help you with order totals to avoid customs. Also, there are many others here with great color advice.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com