Light Pink Eyeshadow

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Lalama

Light Pink Eyeshadow

Post by Lalama » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi ladies, I could use a little help. I have been using my datebait sample as a lid color for work-keeping it simple ;)

I'm at the bottom of my sample and I was looking for an eyeshadow that looks closest to datebait. I am thinking cherry blossom, restless or hint? It's always hard to tell by the swatches-so thought I'd check before purchasing one.
feyith

Re: Light Pink Eyeshadow

Post by feyith » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 pm

If I'm remembering correctly, Hint would be the closest. Although if you love Date Bait, I don't see any reason not to just keep using that?

Retro and Princess are really subtle and pretty too if you're looking for something with a little more sparkle but still work safe.
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm not really associated with pink. But I have Propinquity and Phantom is the pink-equivalence of Propinquity, and it's super pretty. They both have pretty subtle golden sheen that makes them not boring at all. Restless is a very pale pink-champagne and might work for you.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Phantom is my ultimate pink (perfect skin tone) but those others might be too pale and shimmery, rather than the sheer finish Date Bait gives.

I was thinking for a moment that there's a lack of pink eyeshadows - then D'oh! moment - you can, of course, use blusher as an eyeshadow. Perhaps Petal would give a soft and natural look reminiscent of Date Bait? Worth a sample.
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions=) The main reason for looking for a similiar eyeshadow color (rather than reordering datebait again) is because I have to apply a good amount of datebait due to it being so sheer. So I was thinking an eyeshadow might last me a bit longer ;)

I don't know why-I didn't even notice Phantom?! That looks like a great match- I'm moving that one to the cart 8-)
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 pm

If you like Phantom, please try Model as it's a perfect complimentary tone and very beautiful.
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks Cupcake-I will have to try that out on my next order! :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 am

I agree that restless is a good choice if you like date bait.

I loooove retro, but it's a little frosty/shimmery compared to date bait.
Sal F.

Post by Sal F. » Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 am

I've had a conversation elsewhere in the forum on safe use of blushes, and have been reminded of the safety page. Blushes are not recommended for the eye, on the whole.
That was after I tried Tart and Petal as eye colours - which I *loved*. Oops.

Maybe you could add your voice to my colour request on the wish list page - pink eye shadow thread...
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 am

Sal F. wrote:I've had a conversation elsewhere in the forum on safe use of blushes, and have been reminded of the safety page. Blushes are not recommended for the eye, on the whole.
That was after I tried Tart and Petal as eye colours - which I *loved*. Oops.

Maybe you could add your voice to my colour request on the wish list page - pink eye shadow thread...
This only applies to blushes with dye in them (FD&C Colors). Date Bait should be fine.

I did reread your request over there. As for having eyeshadows in exactly Petal and Tart shades, it is nearly impossible to make those shades in matte form without dye and keep in line with our company guidelines for eyeshadow.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com