Dupes of the BE Nude Beach Collection

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
tizzylou

Dupes of the BE Nude Beach Collection

Post by tizzylou » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 am

Since this collection is no longer available , although you can buy all the componets seperately, would you pleae consider duping it. I'm guessing that there are already shadows in the current groupings that are similar if not dupes, but it would be nice to see them all together. Please.
extemter

Re: Dupes of the BE Nude Beach Collection

Post by extemter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:25 am

(Posting so that we can search for matches in SN.)

bareMinerals Nude Beach 6-piece Minerals Color Collection
0.02 oz nude beach glimmer, a warm sand
0.02 oz tan lines glimmer, a golden sand
0.02 oz in the buff glimmer, a golden peach
0.02 oz bare skin glimmer, a blush taupe
0.02 oz skinny dip glimmer, an iridescent pink
0.02 oz au natural glimmer, an iridescent violet

ImageImage
ImageImage

Images from QVC.
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:45 am

Yes please, Karen, I will love you forever and ever!!! :lol:
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Oooooo....Au Naturale looks close to a color I've been hunting for lately---a clear yellow based camel brown---I'm trying to find a brown that doesn't turn muddy on my face and suspect bright yellow as opposed to mustard, or red browns would probably be the way to go! :D I've heard there was a MAC shade called Camel that was discontinued, but was spot on for the shade I'm looking for, and the photo I saw looks similar to the above mentioned color, though maybe a bit more yellow.
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 pm

feyith wrote:Yes please, Karen, I will love you forever and ever!!! :lol:
Me too!!!, obviously since I asked her to dupe this collection in the first place. :D
selki

Post by selki » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 am

superwahz wrote:Oooooo....Au Naturale looks close to a color I've been hunting for lately---a clear yellow based camel brown---I'm trying to find a brown that doesn't turn muddy on my face and suspect bright yellow as opposed to mustard, or red browns would probably be the way to go! :D I've heard there was a MAC shade called Camel that was discontinued, but was spot on for the shade I'm looking for, and the photo I saw looks similar to the above mentioned color, though maybe a bit more yellow.
Just wanted to let you know that Au Naturale doesn't stay the color it is in the jar once you apply it. I think it probably falls into the "morphing color" category. When you apply it, it goes on as an irridescent light purple that color shifts a little (maybe to a light pink-ish color). It's really pretty, but nothing like the color in the jar. Sorry the description isn't better -- I didn't swatch it before I posted, so I'm going based on memory.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
selki

Post by selki » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 am

Oh, & I'd also like to see a dupe of this collection, please!!

ETA: I've only used Nude Beach, In the Buff, & Au Naturale, but I love all 3 of those colors. In the Buff is the most perfect light peach color on me.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:02 pm

selki wrote:Just wanted to let you know that Au Naturale doesn't stay the color it is in the jar once you apply it. I think it probably falls into the "morphing color" category. When you apply it, it goes on as an irridescent light purple that color shifts a little (maybe to a light pink-ish color). It's really pretty, but nothing like the color in the jar. Sorry the description isn't better -- I didn't swatch it before I posted, so I'm going based on memory.
Oh, drat! Ah well, still hunting for that camel brown color... ;)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Not lost! I went to Ulta on Thursday, but they didn't have those colors...I'm still debating about it because I found some other fun things. I do want to check them out very soon though!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten