Slowed down USPS

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
frckls

Slowed down USPS

Post by frckls » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:05 pm

http://blog.europeanpaper.com/2011/12/0 ... -the-usps/
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 39,00.html

No wonder that my last order from SN has not arrived yet, while any shipping from the US previously had always been arrived within a week. Crossing fingers that they're only delayed and not lost. :(

International customers like me must not wait until the last drop of skincare or the last swipe of lippie or blush or shadows or foundie, to reorder. Too bad I reordered my lash serum and oatmeal serum too late. Now my lashes and skin are suffering. Boohoo. :cry:
tardis

Re: Slowed down USPS

Post by tardis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:07 am

Actually those slow-downs haven't even started yet. They're slated for spring, I think, when there will be even more layoffs.

Unfortunately the USPS is a complete disaster and there isn't really anything to do about it. It always had financial issues and the government would bail it out but the Internet has just devastated it. The USPS has become a slow, cranky old dinosaur not fit for the modern world but still relied on by too many people to be completely obsolete. Poor old thing.

But you're right: don't wait until you're completely out of something before you order. Always order gifts in as far advance as possible. I do my holiday shopping in the beginning of November now because things started showing up later and later.

They just better not mess with my Netflix...
frckls

Post by frckls » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah I read about that, too. I'm really afraid this one order went missing, tho. I just received another shipment from US this morning, which was shipped exactly a week in prior. I dreaded the days when the layoff happens. And with increased fare, too. *cringe*

Oh I envy you who lives in the State with access to overabundance cosmetic products to choose from..... :cry:
zus

Post by zus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 am

I've had an order go missing (I'm in the NL too btw), so upsetting... but I've also had an order arrive after like 4 weeks! Since I moved to another part of the country it seems that everything arrives much more regularly and properly but it probably isn't related to location. Anyway, I know it's almost impossible not to freak out and speculate but you shouldn't be worried it's gone missing for a few weeks at least. Well, I don't actually know how long ago you placed the order?
I've had packages come in from the US faster than from the UK or from the west side of the US faster than the east. In my mind I still think the farther away the longer it will take... :P too bad these things are so much more complicated than that.
frckls

Post by frckls » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:07 am

A-ha. You might be right, zus. I'm glad I meet someone else from the lowland! Although I already suspected that you might be in Holland or Belgie, or have a Dutch or Flemish blood. Zus? Echt? :lol:

The package finally arrived today! I'm so happy beyond belief! YAAAAAYY!
However, I got charged a whooping amount of one-third of total value! Which is ridiculous since I've had many other orders with much more amount than this one and never got charged! My last SN order was enough to get me free-shipping and I didn't need to pay a single cent.

Weird.
zus

Post by zus » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:16 pm

I can't even remember what made me come to 'zus' but it seemed very logical at the time :P I've spent half my life in Holland (well, in a couple of months I will have... I counted!) but no Dutch blood, I'm originally from Brazil actually.

I'm glad your order arrived but not so glad about the extra charges :( that explains the delay... I've always kept my orders small in fear of customs but never experienced it and always thought I was being a bit paranoid. Boo! A third is a lot!