Sun freckles

xiaoyi

Sun freckles

Post by xiaoyi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:06 am

Any advice on getting rid of (or at least reducing the appearance of) freckles from sun exposure? I'm starting to realize I should have listened to my mom about wearing sunscreen. I'm trying to be more vigilant about sunscreen now, but I still slip every now and then.

I've been told vitamin C helps, so I've been using the Simply C serum. Any other ideas I should try?
egerandi

Re: Sun freckles

Post by egerandi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:42 am

Super Serum is most often recommended for that on these forums: http://www.silknaturals.com/creb/produc ... cts_id=845
Perhaps the acids help too - I'm sure Karen can advise you better on this.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:23 am

I would suggest Super Serum. It is the one with the most lightening effect as far as I know.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:33 am

Yes...the Super Serum is good for that. If you want them to go faster some AHA at night (not with the super serum), or the microdermabrasion scrub will increase the rate of cell turnover and make the process go a bit quicker.

The other thing I'd recommend is the sheer zinc finishing powder and making sure you use it all the time. The Super Serum works, but if you go out into the sun they come back pretty quickly. The combo of the two got me pretty much freckle free- even through a trip to ultra sunny Provence.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm

I do think sun block is important and always wear it but I also don’t mind my freckles. Think of it as a little extra color, my ratio is about 1-40 now, without freckles I would just be buying Ivory from Karen, no need to mix.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com