Not having much luck

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
ChristineLynnP

Re: Not having much luck

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 pm

nory87 wrote:
ChristineLynnP wrote:I got it figured out now. 15 ivory, 1 warm gold, and 1 ebony. Thanks so much for the help guys.
Yayyy I am glad you figured it out!! Now let us now how you like it!!! :D
I like it, buuuuuuuuut, I find that I'm getting very oily partway through the day now. I have dehydrated skin, so while it still produces more than enough oil to break me out regularly, I only feel the dryness. I get very red, and raw, and flakey easily, so I have to be extra-diligent about moisturizing. I had been using my own homemade primer/finishing dust which is absolutely awesome, and EDM's matte foundation (which isn't so awesome). I mix part medium and party heavy coverage ivory, and I like the coverage of SN much better and will be sticking with it. The past few days I've been using the ultimate luxury powder as a primer and Date Bait as a finisher. I love the look of it after doing it, but I'm not so happy with the oilies several hours later. I don't know if I should just go back to my homemade primer/finisher, or if I should just enhance the Date Bait with something that I have on hand, or what. I'd hate to not be able to use them since I just order a full-size Luxury powder and the perfecting powder, so I'd like to figure out a way to make them work for me.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Diana

Re: Not having much luck

Post by Diana » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Christinelynn: I am not much help in how to control oily skin, I"m sorry, but I wanted to say I am glad you found your color match!

Is there any way you can mix your homemade primer/finisher with the products you have without it changing the color of date bait etc...?