Sale Questions....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Re: Sale Questions....

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:58 pm

zeebs wrote:I didn't make a sale purchase... but I am wondering if random grab bags could be available regularly on the site? Would that make it easier?
I don't think there will be enough of that kind of stock from here on out unless more current products are discontinued. I kind of liked the tucking of random surprise me-s in orders myself.....
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 pm

royalgoddessbeth wrote:Is there going to be a problem getting Super Serum ingredients in the future? I find this very alarming! I tried the Oatmeal, Oil Control, and Face Lift serums- and the Super Serum is the only one I've repurchased.
I hope not! I love Super Serum, too. I wish I had better answers than that. Ingredient availability has a whole lot to do with demand. Without going into a whole business lesson, just know that Karen will do everything she can to keep it in the lineup for a long time. It is a great product.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Yes, there are never any guarantees with ingredients, but we should be fine on Super Serum for at least the next year.
I'm not sure about the Simple C serum. I dont think the C Peptide is overkill for a younger person...all peptides are is something to help build collagen. We all need to help build collagen all the time- you get little cuts, or nicks, or irritations, and you need collagen to help your skin repair. It's not a bad thing.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Maria_Elvira

Post by Maria_Elvira » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:17 pm

karen wrote:Yes, there are never any guarantees with ingredients, but we should be fine on Super Serum for at least the next year.
I'm not sure about the Simple C serum. I dont think the C Peptide is overkill for a younger person...all peptides are is something to help build collagen. We all need to help build collagen all the time- you get little cuts, or nicks, or irritations, and you need collagen to help your skin repair. It's not a bad thing.
Ok so that means even if I am 23 and don't have any skin problemes like wrinkles or depigmentation (is it spelled like that :oops: ?) I can still use it? It is not like my skin will be used to it and then when I actually start getting wrinkles and stuff it wont really be effective (that's what I've been told before, by others...)
karen1950

Post by karen1950 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

How much were the sacks, when I signed in it was all gone, both times. Bummer.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Oooooh nooooooo, did I really miss it? What's wrong with me? :( I think I've done this before, I had the day calculated one day off - for some reason I was just about to set my alarm for tonight... I suck.

Anyway, waaaaaah :(

Alright, crying is over, I went back and grabbed some stuff off my wishlist to get Truly, and took advantage of the free lippie offer to replace my beloved Centerfold. Yipppeee!
Last edited by egerandi on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I've been super busy but I stopped what I was doing at noon to try and grab some stuff. This was so much fun. Thanks Karen!

OK off to be busy again. :)
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:11 pm

karen I just wanted to say thank you for doing the clearance sale... I know that we are all so crazy for your products that we wait up for the sales:) I think that it really is crack for some of us...( me included) I know that it was crazy but I just wanted to say thank you for doing it it was fun and exciting to do it!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 pm

I need to check back in about the server. Has anyone had any other issues with the site? DH made some changes the night of the sale, and I haven't seen any more PM's....I've emailed our coder, tech support for the hosting company, and generally been a pain to anyone who does computer stuff. Apparently when we had the extreme traffic that the system wasn't setting session cookies correctly, and some modifications have been made so it shouldn't happen again. It seems like it's fixed, and I've been assured that our servers are as secure as any. He uses the same measures and protocols on our server as he does for some of the very very secret data he handles at his office. Did anyone see any other issues?

I frankly don't understand most computer things, but the whole situation was very disturbing to me, and I'm sure it was for you as well. It's something we take very seriously.

Please let me know if you see any other issues. As of early Tuesday morning *everything* on the server should be fixed. The shipping weights should also be fixed- they have been for a couple of weeks. We've been doing check weights on all of the packages, and the cart does seem to be calculating things correctly. Shipping prices keep going up, so it's never a fun part of the transaction, but a necessary one. As usual if you see anything very odd please email us at [email protected] so we can take a look at things.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm bummed that I missed the sales. :cry: I ended up in the ER Monday night and had emergency surgery on Tuesday. I just got home today.

Oh well.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair