Mystery Adventure Club

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
nfig

Re: Mystery Adventure Club

Post by nfig » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:53 am

Darn. I didn't get mine.. Wonder what day they went out
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:12 am

I typed the letter out for Chanty's forum so I thought I would post it here too.

Trip- I was prepping for the spring collection,and I made this fantastic bright acid green color. It didn't make the cut because,honestly, I dropped it on the floor :C . I salvaged a little bit for reference, and it caught my eye as I was making a gift with purchase. I started with the original acid green recipe, but then added some browns and golds to make it a bit more user friendly.

Mojave- Is a sandy desert shade I made on a rainy day in Trumansburg. love nice bright colors for summer, but so far the weather hasn't been cooperating and I've been on kind of a tan kick lately.

Fleur- I wanted to make a purple because I'm absolutely determined to make a purple that people who "can't wear purple" can wear. I probably didn't hit it with this one either, bit it's another attempt. This purple has been toned down with the same browns as Mojave so they sort of match , and can be paired together.

Brook- is a tribute to my friend Heather Brook who passed away the same week I made this color. I combined the color of the glimmer in her eyes, some iridescent pigments to symbolize the butterflies that she loved, and the color of the stones in the creek (pronounced "crick" here in Upstate) where we used to swim when we were younger. In truth this should have been more free-spirited like Heather herself, but I'm hoping this color helps you to see the glimmer in the mundane. We all need that from time to time.

Incidentally right around the same time we were walking out of the house to go to work, and a slight breeze caught the blooms from our rose bush, and we literally stopped to smell the roses. It was a great moment, and was the inspiration for the new lippie colors.

That's about it for this installment. I have a fun few projects that I'm working on, but I'm waiting for vacation to bring me some fresh inspiration.
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:41 am

Thank you, Colleen! Reading Karen's inspirations for the GWP colors was my favorite part of the MAC last time and I was sad to miss them this time around. (Saving my pennies so I am ready for the next MAC; hopefully there will be one!) The story behind Brook is very touching.

I am intrigued about wearing Fleur and Mojave together.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:20 am

Your welcome. I love to read the letter too. My son thinks I'm crazy though. :lol:
selki

Post by selki » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:24 pm

nfig wrote:Darn. I didn't get mine.. Wonder what day they went out
My guess would be Wednesday, based on how long the shipping usually takes for my SN packages.
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
jien

Post by jien » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 am

nfig wrote:Darn. I didn't get mine.. Wonder what day they went out
Hope you have already received yours. If not, I think you can check the shipping date from the site. I got mine today (I'm in Singapore btw), and the package was post-marked 23 June. My MAC order was marked as "processing" and reverted to "status 3" on 23 June, so I guessed that was the day the lovely SN crew processed & shipped my MAC package. HTH.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:14 pm

oh damn I haven't received mine yet

is anyone else in UK part of the MAC????? I hate waiting for good things (bet now that I've posted this it will show up tomorrow, fingers crossed).
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
kookith

Post by kookith » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:22 am

I got my iMAC yesterday and I'm in Singapore!

I got the bubble gum lip lube as well. It applies like a dream but I am not too fond of the taste. It's a bit too sweet-smelling as well. But I do love the moisturising quality of it.

The note was extremely lovely. After some crazy swapping, I now have 2 Fleurs (1 more coming to me), 3 Brooks and 2 Trips (love love love!!). A girl's gotta hoard backups of all her favourites, y'know. I haven't tried Mojave yet...
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
KingTaco

Post by KingTaco » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:34 am

kookith wrote:I got my iMAC yesterday and I'm in Singapore!

I got the bubble gum lip lube as well. It applies like a dream but I am not too fond of the taste. It's a bit too sweet-smelling as well. But I do love the moisturising quality of it.

The note was extremely lovely. After some crazy swapping, I now have 2 Fleurs (1 more coming to me), 3 Brooks and 2 Trips (love love love!!). A girl's gotta hoard backups of all her favourites, y'know. I haven't tried Mojave yet...
:D I have 2 Fleurs and 2 Trips too
Foundation mix: 8:1 Heavy:Buttery Gold
All purpose mix: 7:1.5 Ivory:Buttery Gold