Holiday Release #1

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Holiday Release #1

Post by karen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:10 am

Holiday Release #1 is up on the site right now! I splurged big time on the essential oils, and they're absolutely worth it. This is all of the new formulas- including yet another new balm. I've been at this long enough to know that one or two or even a dozen balm formulas aren't going to please absolutely everyone, but there seemed to be a pretty clear divide between the "new balm" lovers, and the "old balm" lovers. For the sake of the conversation we now have Balm v1.0, 2.0, and 3.0. Balm 3.0 is thick like Balm 2.0, but it has additional moisturizers in it. We sacrificed a bit of lastability to get the extra moisture, but I kind of feel like when you put on a balm it should moisturize first and foremost.

These are kind of intended to start a conversation. The cleansing conditioner is our first intro into hair care- it's something that I've been making for a few years, and am releasing it at my Mother's insistence (it's her HG).

The body butter is a lot of fun- we can do other scents, or even unscented if you want them. When I narrow down the scent selections I could easily be persuaded to release other scents too.

Have fun with them! We're heading out of the office relatively early tomorrow to get ready for the holiday. I'm going out of town, but will be in and out all weekend.

Have a wonderful, safe happy Thanksgiving, and thank you all so much for your support and suggestions!

Editing to add: We're all done adding for tonight....I know we need to get samples of the gumball foundation on the site. Full sizes are up, and have been for about a week, but samples, kits and other fun things are coming. We'll get the samples on the site ASAP- I have no clue about the colors!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Jen

Re: Holiday Release #1

Post by Jen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 am

I'm excited to try the new stuff! The hair conditioner especically! I just love your skincare, too! My face just loves the raspberry moisturizer.

I would love to see the winter foundation that was a gumball go up, since I missed it. I would also love to see something to rip out blackheads, too! <3
-Jen
PenguinZombies.com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 am

Jen wrote:I'm excited to try the new stuff! The hair conditioner especically! I just love your skincare, too! My face just loves the raspberry moisturizer.

I would love to see the winter foundation that was a gumball go up, since I missed it. I would also love to see something to rip out blackheads, too! <3
The winter foundation is up, though i don't think there are any samples available. It "All purpose foundation" under the foundation refills page.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 am

Yay, cart filled, order placed :) Thanks for the lemon salve! The cleansing conditioner should be a nice pace of change for my hair, it's kinda dry lately.

Out of curiosity, which version is the Tahiti Vanilla and which one is the Coconut? I love the smell of the latter, but prefer the texture of the former.
Are the balms going to be listed from now on as v1 v2 etc?
nfig

Post by nfig » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 am

Everything looks great! Karen- is the new goji berry moisturizer pregnancy-safe? Thanks!!!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:08 am

Such lovely products Karen, thanks for listening to our requests!!

And thank you for making a body butter that doesn't have wheat in it, I'm uber excited to order a jar!! :D Maybe at some point once you get feedback on this conditioner you'll consider creating one with a different protein so those of us with wheat issues can give it a go too?? ;)

And MAC is back---soooo happy! :D

Have a great Thanksgiving with your loved ones and enjoy the break from work!!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:29 am

Thank you all for the kind words!!! It's really my pleasure to make these products, and I really delight in the Holiday collection- it's just super fun.

@Nfig- yes, it's pregnancy safe!

@Egerandi- the Vanilla is v2, the coconut balm is another formula entirely. That one is off the site for the moment because I'm out of olive butter. I haven't figured out anything about the balms quite yet- I'm hoping that v3 is everyone's HG, and we just make that, but I'm not kidding myself.

Have a great Thanksgiving! I have to go make a new GWP- I'm excited about this one :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Ohh my goodness ohh my goodness, I don't know where to start... I am so excited... :D I had to join the Mac club... That is the best... A little package arriving in the mail I love it.

The new lip balms all sound so delicious... I love Ginger and I had to try that one for sure. I will have to wait till next week for the body butter... Had to stop purchasing so I can get two gwp!

And Karen I just want to say thank you for the hair conditioner... I have been waiting for this and i know it is going to be great can't wait at all i want my package NOW!

See what monster you've created! Hee hee! Happy thanksgiving Karen and all of the wonderful staff hope you have a a great holiday.

Andrea
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:11 pm

karen wrote:Thank you all for the kind words!!! It's really my pleasure to make these products, and I really delight in the Holiday collection- it's just super fun.

@Nfig- yes, it's pregnancy safe!

@Egerandi- the Vanilla is v2, the coconut balm is another formula entirely. That one is off the site for the moment because I'm out of olive butter. I haven't figured out anything about the balms quite yet- I'm hoping that v3 is everyone's HG, and we just make that, but I'm not kidding myself.

Have a great Thanksgiving! I have to go make a new GWP- I'm excited about this one :)
Thanks for clarifying! I can't wait to get these, and litter my house with lipbalms. I won't even have to get off the couch if I need to reach for one ;)
But seriously, those flavors/smells are intriguing (except for the licorice, which I just can't make friends with).
stagemama

Post by stagemama » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm Karen's mom, for those who don't already know and I love the conditioner. It's wonderful, no harsh shampoos, and my hair stays soft and nice for days.
I'd run out, and Karen made me a huge bottle for my birthday. I can't wait to read your feedback on this new to you product.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.