Holiday Release #2?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
zooeyblue

Re: Holiday Release #2?

Post by zooeyblue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm

packgal wrote:oh my happy, thank you SOOO much for bringing back the lavender ph balanced toner! *goes off to find some extra funds!*
Ditto! :D
~Tracy~
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 pm

JenW wrote:
kinjali22 wrote: I am loving Posse and Scout e/s. Jen, when you do have a chance to test the new colors out, can you tell us how similar Posse is to Dark Arts? And how Peachie Keen and Rassle Dazle differ from Truly?
I can do comparisons by description if nothing else. (meaning, I will swatch them side by side and describe the difference)

If anyone else has any comparison questions, let me know. It is easiest to do them in a group.
Yes, that works for me! Thank you Jen!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:13 pm

veronica wrote:Oh man, I'm new to Silk Naturals and just placed my second order the other day...this holiday release is making my list of next purchase decisions even harder...how do you veteran customers cope will all of the AWESOME that seems to happen here?!?!

ummm...i don't? lol. Many of us refer to it as a crack addiction. Back when i was of sound mind and true budget, i eased my way in with colors i knew worked for me...now i have them all...hmmm, maybe i'm the wrong veteran to ask... :twisted:
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Would Restless be a good replacement for Nova?

Do I need Princess if I have Retro, Madison and LOL?

Trying so hard to be a good girl.
veronica

Post by veronica » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Xarata wrote:
veronica wrote:Oh man, I'm new to Silk Naturals and just placed my second order the other day...this holiday release is making my list of next purchase decisions even harder...how do you veteran customers cope will all of the AWESOME that seems to happen here?!?!

ummm...i don't? lol. Many of us refer to it as a crack addiction. Back when i was of sound mind and true budget, i eased my way in with colors i knew worked for me...now i have them all...hmmm, maybe i'm the wrong veteran to ask... :twisted:
Uh-oh...don't tell me that! I went to school for design/art history, so I love playing with color and creating new looks. Before I became conscious of all the "need a degree in Latin" ingredients in most makeup products, I had a mark rep account for the sole purpose of getting multiple colors on the cheap.

My birthday's this week...so...even though I just made a purchase, I guess I'll just haaaave to make another. Oh darn.

That Bella gloss is on my radar...it looks very on-trend, but at the same time, looks like it could be fun to play mad scientist and create a sort of 1960s pop look when mixed with a matte nude color...possibilities are swimming in my head. The eyeshadows are too much for my mind to process right now, so I'm at a loss at what to do there. I haven't had a foray into Silk Naturals skincare yet, but that lavender toner sounds incredible!!!
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 pm

welcome veronica, let the addiction begin ;)

Seriously tho, had you tried the suede finish shadows? Cause they are like nothing else I've ever tried and I've tried a lot of. haha.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 pm

@Feyith- I think you can live without Princess for a little bit. It's different than the other pinks, but it's really a one-trick pony as far as shadows are concerned. Restless is a pearl and Nova is a complicated white- there isn't a good replacement for that color, but Restless is a nice highlight. The silver trio (Spurs, Bonanza and Range) are meant to be in the same vein as things like IDK, Fuse etc. Revved-up is kind of an odd-ball color that I made after the demolition derby in Trumansburg (smoke, sparks, and flying gravel).

@Veronica- welcome!!!!! Yes, Sam is a very skilled addict- and even has a 12 step program!

@Kinjali- Dark Arts has a black base and gold highlight, where Posse is more along the lines of a golden version of Grassroots Green. Peachy Keen is completely sheer, and Truly is shimmery- Razzle Dazzle formula-wise is closest to Darling- so it's just a little bit of shimmery mica, but otherwise it's sheer.

Thank you all so much for the requests, and then the warm response. I'm "just following orders" in the best sense of the term. We really appreciate all of the posts, and kind words.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Awesome, thank you! :D

PS. More demolition derbies! :mrgreen:
kookith

Post by kookith » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:34 pm

KAREN!! Omg You are insane, in a really nice, creative and "Santa-ish" way. I kept going back and forth, can't decide what to order at all. I need some help!

Is Trouble similar to Pink Twink? I am trying to find a Pink Twink replacement, I had requested for a similar e/s in my last order and was sent Chills, which worked great to brighten up my eyes but wasn't close in colour to Pink Twink. I'm continuing the search lol.

Is Princess similar to Faith? I have 2 jars of Faith so uh... I am trying to be a good girl and only order those things I need but you are making it so difficult :mrgreen:

How about Roam and Trip? Reason I asked is because I have um.. 4 jars of Trip *hides*

Loaded and hmm Radiant?

Thanks!
Who says a chick can't love make up and World of Warcraft at the same time? :D

http://kookith.wordpress.com/
http://megsmakeup.com/aff/11035/4
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Ha, I'm totally a hoarder too. When 9:59 and Pink Twink went limited edition, I wanted to save them to wear for my wedding, so I re-sealed them up and stashed them away...and then totally forgot to use them. :oops: I need to wear those tomorrow. :)