Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Ladybug914

Re: Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 am

I will be anxiously awaiting the wavy hair gel's addition to the regular line. I had the gumball in my cart, but it sold out before I pushed the "check out" button. It sounds like a wonderful product and just what my hair needs to convince it to go with the waves it has rather than flattening out!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:32 pm

I used the volumizing gel this morning, and I like it! No annoying dryness and frizz like from commercial volumizing sprays, and it acted more like the Redken velvet gel I used to use. I washed my hair with the cleansing conditioner, let it be while I was prepping my face then put about two teaspoonful, all over and blow dried upside down, then sideways, like I usually do. My hair is soft and falls very nicely. There is no va-va-volume, but that's not what I'm going for anyway :)

Was that the right amount and method? I'm too clumsy to do the section blow dry thing, and this seems to work for me. Next time maybe I'll try some giant hot rollers to give it some extra. I like it that it's unscented, so it doesn't compete with my conditioner (still in love with that scent), but I was wondering if it would be possible to coordinate it with the conditioners to intensify the hair scent as a result? As in offering them (when they are released again) in coordinating scents?

I'm still bummed I missed out on the other one, hope to get my hands on some when it comes out again.
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Ok... so I have used the curl gel for the last two days. I have hair that is down to the middle of my back and it is naturally curly.... but with all of my dyeing of my hair it is pretty damaged so the back of hair is not that curly but the front and the underneath is very curly. A bit weird! :D I have used about a teaspoon each day and I love how it is not sticky! ;) But what is amazing is my curls... the curls that i had are extremely tight now and have so much bounce and the hair in the back that did not have curl is curling again not quite as much as the front part but it is curling... I love it! I think that we must keep this in the line up please Karen!?!?!

I have been using the passion hair conditioner but I got the argon conditioner and I love it even more because that is what my hair needed, just a bit thicker and it seems to really help my hair! Thanks so much for great products Karen!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I can't wait to try the curling gel tomorrow. My hair is just a bit wavy but not curly. I would love to get it at least wavier without having to use a curling iron. That would be especially nice in the long hot summer.
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I've been using the herbal volumizing gel. I have thick straight hair, and this added some bounce and kept my frizzies at bay. will update later ;)
aud

Post by aud » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:24 am

Ok, when is the waves gel going to be released? Sounds like something I need. Desperately. I haven't seen wavy hair for the last 17 years (last time being a very, very bad perm) and it's straight as anything!
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
cait

Post by cait » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 pm

I tried the Volumizing Gel so far. I really like it! In full disclosure here, I am a slight backcomber *shame* So I do like a fair amount of volume. This doesn't give me that, but it does give me some bounce and really keeps the flywaways away! I have to say that I would like this with more of a scent to it, but that's, of course, not a dealbreaker! I'd totally repurchase this :)

I am anxious to try the wave gel, but am still trying to figure out the best way to use it. My hair is long--like midback--thick, VERY straight, but the individual strands are very fine. It'll be interesting though :D I typically have to use a curling iron and a ton of product to get any kind of curl to stay in. If this gets even the slightest bit of curl in my hair, I'll buy it forever! :lol:
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 am

Karen please, please, please bring out the curling gel in full size. I need a big bottle tomorrow. It took my slightly wavy and some parts straight hair to looking like I had gotten a body wave only nicer. I want to fix my hair this way every day. I have long hair though so I will run out soon. I love it, can you tell yet? :lol:
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 am

Sorry for the double post, stupid computer.
cait

Post by cait » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't think the Curls gel will work for me...which I sort of expected. I scrunch the cr@p out of it, and put it half wet in a bun. That's usually how I get my hair to have a bit of texture, but of course it doesn't last too long ;)

I have to use a lot to get any noticeable wave and even then, it's not much. I have long hair---almost past midback long, I have a lot of hair, very straight, but the strands are fine. I'm wondering if it may not too cost effective for me to use this if I have to use so much of it. Right now, I have a bit of wave at the very ends. I am open to other suggestions of use for super straight hair! I may try braiding it or using it overnight in a bun too, so I'll continue to play with it, but this is my impression so far...

I really love the Volumizer though. It is a great product; my hair just feels so good! Living through Chicago winters always makes my hair very dry and uber static-y. I am happy to say that this greatly helps with it!
Last edited by cait on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.