Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
packgal

Re: Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post by packgal » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 am

wanted to give my input as someone with no natural curl/wave to their hair at all...
here's a pic of my results using the make waves curling gel. i have done this before with other drugstore gels and my results were about the same. i put it in wet hair, scrunch and then blow dry with a diffuser. it adds texture but not really curl--a litte wave but not much, and it definitely straightens out as the day goes on.
(excuse the no makeup pic :P)
the volumizer gel works relatively well for me if i also apply to my roots/crown then blow dry with my head upside down. again it works about as well as a drugstore mousse does. i don't see myself buying these products because they don't work better for me than much cheaper stuff available in stores without shipping costs, but if i was really concerned with using haircare with all natural ingredients they may be a nice option (although i'm not even really sure what the ingredients were for these).
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:32 am

It works great when your hair is damp but not wet! I really love it. Is there an update on when we can buy a full size? Thanks! (no pressure.... ;) )
packgal

Post by packgal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 pm

i guess my hair was more damp than wet...it was pretty well towel dried and combed out. definitely not dripping or soaked :)
aud

Post by aud » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks for the review, packgal. Was feeling kinda blah that I missed out on the hair gumballs, but I think we'd have the same results, thanks to straight fine hair.

Feeling better now :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
Angie

Post by Angie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:09 pm

I tried the gumball curly hair gel. In hot and humid weather, it made my hair frizzy and my first impression was that I kinda looked like someone the dog dragged in!

In cooler weather, the curls just magically appeared. Unfortunately, it was just a short day. So the gel probably won't work for me, but I loved how my hair looked during the cooler and less humid days.
packgal

Post by packgal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:30 am

aud wrote:Thanks for the review, packgal. Was feeling kinda blah that I missed out on the hair gumballs, but I think we'd have the same results, thanks to straight fine hair.

Feeling better now :)
I'm glad the review helped, thanks for posting. I don't mean to be negative about the product, just honest as I think anyone with fine, straight hair who buys this thinking it will make waves or curls magically appear will be disappointed. I'd be interested to know from those for whom it is working well: does it work better than other gels you've tried (and how many have you tried)? My sister has curly hair and she was wondering.
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm glad the review helped, thanks for posting. I don't mean to be negative about the product, just honest as I think anyone with fine, straight hair who buys this thinking it will make waves or curls magically appear will be disappointed. I'd be interested to know from those for whom it is working well: does it work better than other gels you've tried (and how many have you tried)? My sister has curly hair and she was wondering.

It has worked very well for me and am dying to buy a full size. I just finished mine last night, and I was hoarding it!!
I think you probably need hair like mine for it to work really well. My hair is thick and as I've gotten older it has become more and more wavy in the back and curly in the front and underneath. It is kind of weird. When I use this product I get more waves all over,especially in the back where I can't get it to wave by itself. I used to use Aveda's curl enhancer but I like SN much better because it doesn't leave my hair stiff like Aveda's does. I am waiting patiently for Karen to put it up! ;)
niomi

Post by niomi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm upset that i missed out on it :( I have wavy/curly medium-thick hair that is always searching for the perfect product. I can't wait for it to come out full size!