Lippies packaging

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Charz

Re: Lippies packaging

Post by Charz » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

I too would definitely appreciate some changes to the labels. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing changes to the packaging and design, but would settle for more durable labels at least. They fade really quickly, they get scratched up (especially the Vegan kisser slickers), they peel, they collect dirt in the exposed adhesive, and so on. It seems a shame that someone's gone through the trouble of sticking them all on, only to have them wear out so quickly.
tardis

Post by tardis » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:23 pm

I agree. I've gotten a bunch of lippies in the mail where the label is already peeling off.
aud

Post by aud » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:49 pm

tardis wrote:I agree. I've gotten a bunch of lippies in the mail where the label is already peeling off.
Same, especially in recent months. Especially the ALGs and also the Black Label range.
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 pm

I agree with your statements 100%. I think every single member of the SN family shares the frustration. Things did go from bad to worse around Christmas when we got the new laser printer, and for a while there was a time when we couldn't get them to stick at all. We've been working on a fix for it for sometime now, and so far nothing has been a great fix.

The thing that's frustrating for me is that we don't skimp- they're not cheap labels run on a cheap printer. They're actually pretty spendy labels printed on a top of the line color laser printer- and it's still doing this.

The other labels that you speak of- any guesses as to what they are or where I can buy them??? Let me know and I'll order them today.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:58 pm

i've had a lot of different lippies and almost all will shred in a waitress apron, but SN's shred fastest so for balms, i just peel the label off whichever one i intent to toss into an apron. The ones in my purse are fine, but i keep them in a pocket, i don't toss them into the bottom.

I don't know how easy it is to just test different sets of labels? The magnets i use on my makeup jars are the only magnets that consistently hold, so sometimes it just depends on the adhesive used by the manufacturer. Do they make any that come with a plastic overlay that can be added after printing/before cutting?
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Karen, I don't have any ideas but I just have to say that that's the reason I'll continue to buy from you forever. You totally go above and beyond. Thanks for that!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
bookishbeauty

Post by bookishbeauty » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:02 pm

I am totally willing to deal with peeling labels because the SN lippies are so great, but it would be even more awesome if they stuck down better! I hope someone knows a supplier for the other labels. :)
tardis

Post by tardis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:21 pm

bookishbeauty wrote:I am totally willing to deal with peeling labels because the SN lippies are so great, but it would be even more awesome if they stuck down better! I hope someone knows a supplier for the other labels. :)
This, completely. I'm waiting for lippies #47, 48, and 49 to arrive. :oops:
aud

Post by aud » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 am

I've not surfed through this myself but I'd imagine the Etsy Forum on "Business Topics" might yield some help?
http://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/

Or getting samples from other online label stores like
http://www.laserinkjetlabels.com/blanklabels.asp
http://www.desktoplabels.com/category.a ... ser-labels

It's not just about living with the label because the product is fantastic, but about upping the game, which I believe SN is more than capable of!
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
selki

Post by selki » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 pm

karen wrote:The other labels that you speak of- any guesses as to what they are or where I can buy them??? Let me know and I'll order them today.
@Karen - I just sent you an email regarding this via the SN Contact form, so keep an eye out for it. Hope it helps you. :)
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous