tempt tryst v liberty golden

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
landlord

tempt tryst v liberty golden

Post by landlord » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:56 am

what is the difference between Tempt tryst and Liberty - colour and finish wise?

I have Tempt tryst and like to wear it for a sunkissed look - just wondering about liberty!

Thanks
Lemon

Re: tempt tryst v liberty golden

Post by Lemon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:20 pm

I would like to know as well. I've ordered samples of both and have used both. I intended on using them as an all-over finish to brighten and add color to my dull complexion and even out foundation. But I didn't notice any sort of effect from them (even subtle). I also didn't have any success with other finishing powders in the past like Date Bait. What am I doing wrong? I use a blush brush to apply. I'm thinking of trying Flattery next.

All I can say is the only thing I do see close-up when I wear Liberty is tiny gold sparkles on face. I ran out of tempt tryst a while ago...but from what I can remember tempt tryst seem more matte compared to Liberty. But unfortunately my face did not pick up any tint from tempt tryst. Liberty won't give the sunkissed look..I think it's main purpose is to provide a light golden glow/shimmer. It sheer on me and is lighter in color compared to tempt tryst.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:30 am

To me the difference is the color and coverage: Liberty is light gold with tiny sparkles while TT has a bit of tan in it and seems to cover a bit more, with a bit of glowing. I use TT as finishing powder or sometimes when I skip foundation to add a bit over color coverage (diluted with a bit of blur or ultp), while I only use Liberty when I go out and need a bit of extra sparkle without looking over-the-top, and I use it mostly to highlight, even on my brow bone.
landlord

Post by landlord » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:56 am

Thanks that is very helpful and sounds like a good description!