finishing powder- don't want sparkle at ALL,& 2 TAN 4 plain!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
lisalucille

finishing powder- don't want sparkle at ALL,& 2 TAN 4 plain!

Post by lisalucille » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Help girls! I really "need" a nice, matte finishing powder, OR at least one that is not sparkly (as I have found date bate, love lure tempt tryst to be... ) I like the idea of the basic perfecting powder, but I am VERY tanned skin (almost can use the base colors straight... little white to mix with).

Any suggestions? Thought maybe a swiff of the plain white silk or perfecting powder to sort of smooth all the colors nicely would work, but the site recommends for us darker gals to use other.. any thoughts?
carro

Re: finishing powder- don't want sparkle at ALL,& 2 TAN 4 pl

Post by carro » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 pm

How about the tinted blur powder. It´s not as white, not sparkly and blurs and smooth out your look. That was my first thought anyway. Maybe it´s not tinted enough but it sure must be better than plain white anyway.
lisalucille

Post by lisalucille » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:22 pm

I was thinking the same thing.. but wasn't sure if BLURR was as sparkly as the tinted other finishes... Have you used the blurr and found it NOT like a bronzer? I thought the date bate, when I tried it, make me have a "tin man" look -- too bronzy-shiny for my tastes...
lisalucille

Post by lisalucille » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I just checked out the oil control blur description and it looks perfect.. think I'm going to try it. THANK YOU for the suggestion :D
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:14 pm

You can add your foundation tint to those powders, too.
carro

Post by carro » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:49 am

That sounds like a great idea. I have the tinted blur but it is too dark for my winter skin, but it is not sparkly at all still not "dull or dead". Hope You like it!
havon2000

Post by havon2000 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:05 pm

I use the tinted oil control blur as a setting powder for the rest of my makeup and I LOVE it. It has no sparkle and really makes a beautiful matte finish. Hope it works for you. :D
"Confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can have"