Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Re: Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 am

Wow, everything looks amazing, what a fun release! Can't wait to place an order :)
Will there be 1/2 sizes of the current serums offered in the future? I know people seemed to respond positively to that on the Wishing Well thread, so I was just wondering whether to wait for that, thanks! :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:54 am

Oxana124 wrote:Wow, everything looks amazing, what a fun release! Can't wait to place an order :)
Will there be 1/2 sizes of the current serums offered in the future? I know people seemed to respond positively to that on the Wishing Well thread, so I was just wondering whether to wait for that, thanks! :)
As far as I know they are not in the plans for the near future. If you are concerned about using it up in the recommended amount of time, use some on your neck, backs of your hands, and decolletage. Those areas are often missed in a skincare routine, and they are parts of you body that tend to show age too well once the time has come.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am

It's something I looked into, but there just wasn't great packaging for it. FWIW I've used Vitamin C serums that were over 3 months old, and they were just fine. When Vitamin C oxidizes it turns brown, and it happens pretty fast- so if it isn't brown, it's fine.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Simply Me

Post by Simply Me » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:10 am

Pretty sure I know what the unexpected 5hrs of overtime I got this week are going to now.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:36 am

i had a long day and this was fun to come home to. I had to show a little restraint (because i'm buying a house! ::squee::), but I'm excited about some new goodies. Not sure how I feel about the eyewands (i don't think i can magnet these lol), but i am going on vacation in January so I guess they'll be put to the test! Thanks for the concealer sticks!

I second the question about the balms (only because pomegranate is Bob's fav and I would put it in his stocking), but if not he can always live with something else :)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
cait

Post by cait » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:52 am

Karen, I could kiss you on the lips for bringing back my all-time favorite cocoa butter scrubs. Going to hoard, er, pick some up!

Also loving Trixie and the body oils!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:35 am

@Sam- One of my first thoughts on the Eye Wands was "this is going to mess up Sam's system"- hopefully they'll fit in the marker holders!

@Cait- I'm glad you like them! I like this one better than last year's a little bit because I feel like the sugar rinses cleaner. The cocoa butter bars and the body oil have done wonders for my skin!

I just added lip balm kits. I tried to do a honey fig balm, but when I did the final taste test all I could think of was grape Jolly Rancher, but not really- no honey, no fig, so that didn't make the cut. There's always a few things I can't quite pull off in each release.

Nude lip stains didn't work either- dyes are essentially like Kool-Aid powder so there really isn't a good way to do lighter because there's no white, and if you go too light it doesn't stain. Someone else had made one with shimmers, but that really didn't work because the second you licked your lips it was gone.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Julienaturals

Post by Julienaturals » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks Karen and the SN team for such a nice release! I'm so glad that the cuticle balm and scrub bars were released this year again. ;) And so much new pretty things too!
ega

Post by ega » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks Karen for so many nice things :) I will surely try the eye wands (Greed looks fantastic!).

Is there a chance that there will be a Kisser Slicker (or at least wand) version of Coy? The tube seems too big, I am not sure I will be able to use it up before it goes bad. And smaller containers take less space :)
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
BlowFarAway

Post by BlowFarAway » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

I just placed another humungous order. Fingers crossed about customs, I really shouldn't be spending money right now anyways lol. But some of it /is/ for Christmas presents hehe. Can't wait to pop open this box.
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir