Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Holiday 2011 is Live!!!

Post by karen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 am

I have no plans to make any versions of colors in other formulas- the lippie line is really getting too big as it is, and it's tough to keep up with the production of so many colors on top of the other products we have to keep stocked.

Liquid gloss has a pretty good shelf life, but if you already have a ton of colors in your stash the last little bit may go bad before you get a chance to use it all up. The question I always ask myself is if I'll get $xx of use out of them.

@BFA- Yay!!!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you too!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:19 pm

About the new wand shadows with the Fractionated Coconut Oil in them, is that in there just to make the powder less likely to fly everywhere, or are they more like cream shadows?
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Oxana124 wrote:About the new wand shadows with the Fractionated Coconut Oil in them, is that in there just to make the powder less likely to fly everywhere, or are they more like cream shadows?
Ooh that's an interesting question that hadn't occurred to me. Are there shelf life issues once opened? Part of the appeal, for me, of mineral eyeshadow collecting is their longevity. Thanks.
ega

Post by ega » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:35 pm

karen wrote:I have no plans to make any versions of colors in other formulas- the lippie line is really getting too big as it is, and it's tough to keep up with the production of so many colors on top of the other products we have to keep stocked.
Totally understandable, especially as every few releases there is a new lippie formula, and each of them gets its fans who would often love to have their favourites to be made in the new formula too. Not that I wouldn't prefer to hear a different answer as far as that particular colour is concerned :) Anyway, Coy's not an ALG so I'm happy I can use it too :) Thanks!
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Cupcake wrote:
Oxana124 wrote:About the new wand shadows with the Fractionated Coconut Oil in them, is that in there just to make the powder less likely to fly everywhere, or are they more like cream shadows?
Ooh that's an interesting question that hadn't occurred to me. Are there shelf life issues once opened? Part of the appeal, for me, of mineral eyeshadow collecting is their longevity. Thanks.
FCO has an indefinite shelf life, so the eyeshadows with it will not go bad.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 pm

FCO is very stable and has quite a long shelf life. I would not call it indefinite for something with an applicator, but at least a few years. The product is powdery, but not as powdery as a traditional loose shadow. I do caution the first few times you open the tube there might be some fallout (open over the sink or trash the first few times), but it gets pretty clean after that.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ega

Post by ega » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:42 pm

I have been wondering ... is Generous similar to Spa or Danny in terms of warmth?
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:46 pm

ega wrote:I have been wondering ... is Generous similar to Spa or Danny in terms of warmth?
Similar to Spa..... Danny is kind of warmish due to the brown. I would call Generous pretty neutral as there is not a ton of yellow in it.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:00 pm

You're right! It's in there to keep the flyaways to a minimum and make it stick to the wand. They're really essentially a powder with just a few drops of the oil. If you didn't know it was in there you probably wouldn't notice it.

I'll echo everyone else- FCO has the longest shelf life of any of the natural oils. It's the only one I've ever used that really never seemed to go bad. The lowest estimate I've seen is 3 years. Personally I've seen a bottle go over 5 years without getting funky.

I didn't love the Eye Wand the first time I used it...and scrapped the idea initially, but I just kept reaching for it because they're handy, and it grew on me after about 2-3 uses. It's one of those handy secret weapon stash items.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ega

Post by ega » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm

JenW wrote:
ega wrote:I have been wondering ... is Generous similar to Spa or Danny in terms of warmth?
Similar to Spa..... Danny is kind of warmish due to the brown. I would call Generous pretty neutral as there is not a ton of yellow in it.
Thanks, I will need to get it too, then :)