Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 am

rfnandkcn - I'll post the answers to your questions in that pressing thread :)

I am so excited for the Valentine's Day collection! I didn't realize how soon it was coming until Karen posted that they are just waiting on some supplies. How exciting! :)
I would love to see some sneak preview pics :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm

So excited for the Valentine's Day collection :) I hope those supplies hurry it up and get to SN already so the collection can be posted this coming weekend, because it is my b-day, and I can't think of a better b-day present to myself than some new SN goodies :)
selki

Post by selki » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:27 pm

I may be a bit late to the party, but I'd like to add my request for more of the cream blushes. I absolutely love these!! They are so convenient, & haven't caused any breakouts on me. I'm not really sure what other colors I'd like -- maybe a lavender/purple & a bright orange. I'm partial to shimmer, but would buy non-shimmers, too.

I'd also love to see the Hot Flash lipgloss re-issued as a permant item. That color is just soooooooo lovely, & very unique. Perhaps, a compromise could be reached (since I know Hot Flash was released for a very special & specific reason, & since the gold flakes probably add to the cost) -- a permanent version of Hot Flash sans the gold flakes.

Thanks for asking for our input, Karen. Hope you're all recovered from your cold & feeling 100%!!
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:07 pm

How about a vibrant mattes kit?
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 pm

zeebs wrote:How about a vibrant mattes kit?
Ooh, those would be pretty. I would buy that instantly!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 am

I was just thinking, SN has so much variety already it's probably hard to keep making more and more new permanent colors because the permanent line is getting so huge.
Yet there are those of us that literally own pretty much every color we want that is available currently, and so we want new stuff because we of course want to keep buying more SN goodies.
So how about more limited edition releases, like the way every year there's Colors for a Cure? Some new colors up for a limited time to go with a theme like a holiday or a season. If something from a limited edition collection is a huge hit maybe it can be re-issued at some point, maybe as part of another limited edition collection so people that didn't get to try it can buy it then, and those that love it can get backups. It would also be a good way to test some new products and colors to see how people respond. If something gets huge raves it can always become part of the permanent collection at some point, and if something doesn't sell as expected it can just be up on the site till it gets sold out, and then be gone forever.
And maybe it is just me, but something about limited edition products is just very exciting to me :)
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Oxana124 wrote:I was just thinking, SN has so much variety already it's probably hard to keep making more and more new permanent colors because the permanent line is getting so huge.
Yet there are those of us that literally own pretty much every color we want that is available currently, and so we want new stuff because we of course want to keep buying more SN goodies.
So how about more limited edition releases, like the way every year there's Colors for a Cure? Some new colors up for a limited time to go with a theme like a holiday or a season. If something from a limited edition collection is a huge hit maybe it can be re-issued at some point, maybe as part of another limited edition collection so people that didn't get to try it can buy it then, and those that love it can get backups. It would also be a good way to test some new products and colors to see how people respond. If something gets huge raves it can always become part of the permanent collection at some point, and if something doesn't sell as expected it can just be up on the site till it gets sold out, and then be gone forever.
And maybe it is just me, but something about limited edition products is just very exciting to me :)
I agree - something about knowing that it's only available for a brief time adds a cachet of "must-have-it-ness!"
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:18 pm

cclee00 wrote:
Oxana124 wrote:I was just thinking, SN has so much variety already it's probably hard to keep making more and more new permanent colors because the permanent line is getting so huge.
I agree - something about knowing that it's only available for a brief time adds a cachet of "must-have-it-ness!"
Totally, and even if it is not really my color, I just kind of feel special having it, and saving it for that one occasion I can wear that color for, because it is so precious :) hehe

And it would give Karen a chance to try some new and unusual colors and formulas if she wanted to, since it wouldn't be as much of a commitment to release them just for a short time :)
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I would have no problems with this :) ...Whatever makes it easier for Karen!
jelli

Post by jelli » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Awesome idea Oxana!!!!!