Spike.....It's not scary, I promise!

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
ladycattat

Spike.....It's not scary, I promise!

Post by ladycattat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I've had a chance to wear Spike for the past 3 weeks or so and I wanted to give you ladies my thoughts. I'm fair-skinned, leaning towards yellow, and on me it's a MY LIPS BUT WARMER. Truly, it's so pretty! It's not a dark brown at all, just a warmish reddish tan with shimmer, but the shimmer doesn't come of as TURQUOISE just interesting. I will add pics when I can.

Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
zeebs

Re: Spike.....It's not scary, I promise!

Post by zeebs » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Because of this post, I added it to my wish list! I am stoked for turquoise glitter.
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Pics! Lip swatches, arm swatches, anything and everything! I'm an SN lippie addict and turquoise glimmer sounds amazing!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:25 pm

,, It is amazing. As soon as I can post pics I will I promise. Zeebs. Have you tried Mag pie I shadow yet. It's amazing I think I'll go beautifully with your eyes
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 am

ladycattat wrote:I've had a chance to wear Spike for the past 3 weeks or so and I wanted to give you ladies my thoughts. I'm fair-skinned, leaning towards yellow, and on me it's a MY LIPS BUT WARMER. Truly, it's so pretty! It's not a dark brown at all, just a warmish reddish tan with shimmer, but the shimmer doesn't come of as TURQUOISE just interesting. I will add pics when I can.

Laurie
My apologies for not having a camera, but I also own Spike and wear it often.
I am pale skinned with a bit of cool yellow and peach, red hair, red-brown eyes.
Spike is lovely, as Ladycattat described. Warm rich brown...very wearable! The turquoise adds an elegant twist.
It is nice alone, but I often glaze it over Fascinate ALG--yet another brown that pale ladies need not fear. I have also blended it with Provoke ALG.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Magpie? I was not aware. I'm usually terrified of blue, but now that I'm looking at the swatch, I'm thinking it's super pretty. WISH LIST!!!! Thanks!