Shadows that Pack a Punch?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
ladycattat

Re: Shadows that Pack a Punch?

Post by ladycattat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:05 pm

foiling is realllly easy if you do your eye makeup in the bathroom like I do. I just run the water till it is warm, stick the brush head under the stream of water and add a teeny drop of whatever soap you use to wash your brushes.(this washes off yesterday's colors). soap it off and rinse really well. you are left with a damp brush. I like to blot it it a bit with my towel or I end up up wasting product.Shake a few grains of your e/s into the cap, or your swirly bowl and use your damp brush to make almost a paste of your eyeshadow. It's kind of a trial and error thing whatt exture works best for you, but I foil all my shadows and never get fallout. I always use the Stick-Em primer and never have problems with blending.
I also work from the lightlest to the darkest eyeshadow also.
HTH,
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 am

egerandi wrote:
legend.JPG
From left to right:

Velocity
Luxe (top)
Orbit (bottom)
Legend

I hope this helps!

Your swatches are awesome.....thank you! I love all of those colors.....even Orbit, though it might be a tough one for me to pull off (I don't look good in those types of golds/oranges/yellows).

Did you swatch these over primer? Are these one swipe swatches? These colors look very pigmented!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm

For those of you who think you're too lazy to foil, keep a small spritzer bottle nearby. The brush doesn't get too wet, and it is, by far, the easiest method for me. Takes hardly any time at all.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 pm

ladycattat wrote:foiling is realllly easy if you do your eye makeup in the bathroom like I do. I just run the water till it is warm, stick the brush head under the stream of water and add a teeny drop of whatever soap you use to wash your brushes.(this washes off yesterday's colors). soap it off and rinse really well. you are left with a damp brush. I like to blot it it a bit with my towel or I end up up wasting product.Shake a few grains of your e/s into the cap, or your swirly bowl and use your damp brush to make almost a paste of your eyeshadow. It's kind of a trial and error thing whatt exture works best for you, but I foil all my shadows and never get fallout. I always use the Stick-Em primer and never have problems with blending.
I also work from the lightlest to the darkest eyeshadow also.
HTH,
Laurie
I do my makeup in the bathroom now but am in the process of moving it all to a spare room with my new makeup vanity and cart. I will try foiling when I have time to play around. I want to take the time to practice and perfect. Thanks for reporting about the Stick-em primer; I had my hands on it today but didn't have time to play with it.
Favorites

MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:32 pm

royalgoddessbeth wrote:For those of you who think you're too lazy to foil, keep a small spritzer bottle nearby. The brush doesn't get too wet, and it is, by far, the easiest method for me. Takes hardly any time at all.
That's a great idea.....as far as easiness goes, that sounds right up my alley!
Favorites

royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm

It really is easy. I can do full eye makeup in five minutes from primer to shadow to liner to mascara. I've been using SN exclusively for four years now and probably have about 100 eyeshadows.

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 am

MBlovesSN wrote:
egerandi wrote:
legend.JPG
From left to right:

Velocity
Luxe (top)
Orbit (bottom)
Legend

I hope this helps!

Your swatches are awesome.....thank you! I love all of those colors.....even Orbit, though it might be a tough one for me to pull off (I don't look good in those types of golds/oranges/yellows).

Did you swatch these over primer? Are these one swipe swatches? These colors look very pigmented!
Glad they were helpful! They were swatched without primer, but I used a couple layers. Also, Luxe, Orbit and Velocity are pressed, so the added stuff changed up the texture a smidgen. Legend is loose.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:54 pm

royalgoddessbeth wrote:It really is easy. I can do full eye makeup in five minutes from primer to shadow to liner to mascara. I've been using SN exclusively for four years now and probably have about 100 eyeshadows.
Wow five minutes is impressive! I am embarrassed to say how long it takes me! :oops:
Favorites

MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm

egerandi wrote:
MBlovesSN wrote:
egerandi wrote:
legend.JPG
From left to right:

Velocity
Luxe (top)
Orbit (bottom)
Legend

I hope this helps!

Glad they were helpful! They were swatched without primer, but I used a couple layers. Also, Luxe, Orbit and Velocity are pressed, so the added stuff changed up the texture a smidgen. Legend is loose.
Legend is gorgeous.....do you know how it compares to Sweet Tea? Lighter, darker, more pigmented, less pigmented? Do you know of any other colors (greens, golds, purples) that have similar coverage and saturation?
Favorites

royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 pm

MBlovesSN wrote:
royalgoddessbeth wrote:It really is easy. I can do full eye makeup in five minutes from primer to shadow to liner to mascara. I've been using SN exclusively for four years now and probably have about 100 eyeshadows.
Wow five minutes is impressive! I am embarrassed to say how long it takes me! :oops:
What kind of brushes are you using? That can also affect the time factors. Most of the time I do 2 color eyes with colors like Idolize, Sari, or Brimstone. I use Bristol with the first two, and Fire (of course) with the third. My favorite three color combo is Chills, Thrills, and Frills.