Let's talk kits...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
feyith

Re: Let's talk kits...

Post by feyith » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I have several friends who would be interested in some kind of starter kit like the lip palette. Maybe 2-3 neutral eye colors, a cream blush and 1-2 glosses?
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:07 pm

What I would love to have in a pressed palette.....yes, and I know, pressing pigments is my wishful thinking- is my go-to look. Eyeshadows: Bristol, Idolize, and Sari, with Foxxy as a blush, and Bobbi and Birthday Suit as glosses. You could substitute Negligee or Cabaret as more of a lipstick look. Yeah, that would be a dream for me!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Charz wrote:
JenK wrote: Lippies Palette: What about grouping colors? Red Palette, Plum Palette...think you all get the idea. This is a great way to try the colors w/o having to purchase a large tube size. Or ALG's or Shimmer or Matte Palettes.
Eye: What about offering eye colors kits in smaller sizes...again we can try the color, but not have to get a large size. I love the idea of kits based on eye color. Also Matte/pearl/shimmer kits based on eye color.
I love these ideas in particular! SN has such huge collections of beautiful colours that I always want to try, but I can't justify wasting products when they don't work out for me. Especially with lip and eye colours - a little goes such a long way.

Any chance of an Eyelights kit with smaller quantities? I think they'd be a great intro kit for people who don't normally wear eyeshadow, like myself.
That's a great idea! I have 3 eye lights shadows and use it everyday (this coming from someone who never wore shadow). I would love to try more without committing to full sizes.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 pm

How about customizable kits? I have been eyeing the kits that show up in the collection, but I own some of the colors already. Would it be possible that aside from the ready-to-go kits, we can make our own? Same quantities of items, but we would pick the color. This would work great when buying gifts too, I think.

And yes, please more lippie palettes: similar colors grouped together or one with 'day to night'.
I also like the idea of grouping shadows that enhance specific eye colors.
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh Karen. I'm sure right now you're starting to regret asking about kits and palettes because the suggestions are overwhelming LOL! And I'm about to add "the pain". :mrgreen:

I agree on making eye and lip palettes addressed to eyecolors or skin tone. I definitely can help you on the warm part of the deal. ;)
Here is my go to colors on daily basis. Some of them have been tested by my fairer younger sister (light neutral), my tanner younger sister (warm peach), and my tanner housemate (warm gold). Some colors are stocked up showing how much love we have for them.
They are work-safe & school-safe, nice one color wash or smudged out, but look pretty too for hanging out with friends.
Eyes: Blanket Fort, Burnished, Colt, Quartzite, Adorn, Sonic, Bling, Siesta, Model, Fusion
Cheeks: Satisfied, Amuse, Candy Apple, Poppy, Flirt, WYWH, Lady
Lips: Allure, Caramel, Darling, Aria, Bitten, Blushberry, Birthday Suit, Bloom, Maiden, Cultured, St Tropez, Ambrosia

I suggest you to lookup BECCA's palettes too. I really like Bombora, Avalon, and Dusty Rose palettes. They are gorgeous but their shadows mostly suck (and with the price!) which SN can beat hands down, if only SN makes pressed shadows. But I'm sure that can be easily replaced by the cream liner (or maybe have them reformulated so that can be used as cream/base shadows as well?).
A palette consisting one or several of:
concealer (it greatly performs LOVE),
cream blush (I personally would love to see Poppy in this form),
highlighter (Avalanche or Pizzaz or Adorn-ish color),
lippie,and
cream liner (in Burnished or Colt color, perhaps?)
With a brush (and a mirror if possible!) will be greatly celebrated IMO.
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Xarata wrote:Make-up Kits
It would be nice to have a matte makeup tin (a universal nude lip-caramel maybe?, Basic matte tan 3 color eye), an ethereal kit with shimmers (gold blush or sparkle lippie, some very shimmery eye colors, and one of the cream hi-lighters, and a sample-sized stick-em), a "Go Bold or Go Home" tin (with some of thea's brights, a black shadow, and a buildable stain) and a "Make 'Em Pop" eye kit (a basic creamy hi-lite like vanilla or homecoming queen or nova- paired with a series of outer colors for a 2 color eye, and a tiny pod of cream liner)
egerandi wrote:How about customizable kits? I have been eyeing the kits that show up in the collection, but I own some of the colors already. Would it be possible that aside from the ready-to-go kits, we can make our own? Same quantities of items, but we would pick the color. This would work great when buying gifts too, I think.

And yes, please more lippie palettes: similar colors grouped together or one with 'day to night'.
I also like the idea of grouping shadows that enhance specific eye colors.
Yes, please! I love both of these ideas!
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:59 pm

It's not *exactly* a kit, but I would love to see a cream eyeliner palate with bright colours. I have the eyeliner palate and use it all the time, but sometimes I want my eyeliner to pop (and powder liners just run on me). What about a limited edition with intense, bright colours that don't have a black base, like teal, purple, acid green etc.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 am

lilychemgirl wrote:It's not *exactly* a kit, but I would love to see a cream eyeliner palate with bright colours. I have the eyeliner palate and use it all the time, but sometimes I want my eyeliner to pop (and powder liners just run on me). What about a limited edition with intense, bright colours that don't have a black base, like teal, purple, acid green etc.
One word: YES!!!

:D

Please.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek