Magnum+?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Tamara

Magnum+?

Post by Tamara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi could anyone advise what would be a good match for Magnum as crease and liner color to create a dramatic but wearable look? I have big hazel eyes black hair and fair skin so dramatic makeup looks natural on me. I am thinking of Silver lining (also because it looks like it will combine well with other dark blue and maybe even green colors). But maybe it's too light? Maybe I would need something like Heart throb or Alloy?

Also could someone tell me what "Stick'em" is??

Thanks!!
bestbeauty

Re: Magnum+?

Post by bestbeauty » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:54 pm

I would suggest poly or kingfisher as they are bright and would look great with hazel eyes IMO,
I have worked this look with similar colours (not by SN) I don't have these exact colours 'cos I'm a newbie, but try it, it looks amazing....
If you want to highlight the brow a good choice would be sonic or vanilla, bone if you like to keep that area matte.
I like to ground a smoky eye with a matte colour above the crease, here I would go for a Eu-taup-ia, softly blended through to take the edge off the magnum as it blends out of the crease and upto the browbone where the sonic/vanilla/bone is.

Hope this helps.
x
Loving the Spring Collection from SN.

Helen xx

bbfriendforever.blogspot.co.uk
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Wot she said.

Magnum is basically black so any bold colour you put with it will pack a punch and any pastel or neutral colour will soften the overall effect. I like the thought of Bewitched but Poly / Kingfisher are personal faves for colour. Anything would rock.

I like fuchsia-purples against hazel eyes so I'm wondering it Breathe / Ether would add an interesting twist?
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:45 pm

I was going to suggest one of the morphing colors too.
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 am

Stick 'Em is their clear eyeshadow primer - you dab a bit on your eyelids, spreading it across the lid, let it dry, then apply your eyeshadows on top. The primer holds the shadow in place so it doesn't fade or crease, and colors look more vibrant and complex on top. It's fantastic stuff - if you've never used an eyeshadow primer before you really need to.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
bestbeauty

Post by bestbeauty » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 pm

This is the sort of thing I was getting at.....I used a matte black 'cos I don't own the colours but I hope this pic illustrates my suggestion!
Attachments
Poly or kingfisher would do well paired with magnum.
Poly or kingfisher would do well paired with magnum.
133042361189281.jpg (134.66 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
Loving the Spring Collection from SN.

Helen xx

bbfriendforever.blogspot.co.uk
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:23 pm

That's really cool! I like doing that with light pinks.