Dupe of Nuance pinkberry lip color

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Lalama

Dupe of Nuance pinkberry lip color

Post by Lalama » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm

I was at CVS today and they were giving out free samples of Salma Hayek cool toned lip color quad. I tried the pinkberry color and fell in love with it-it really brightened up my face. I found a swatch of it on someones site below as I couldn't get one myself. Not sure what the closest color would be to pinkberry... Any suggestions? 8-)

http://www.beautylogicblog.com/2011/08/ ... s-lip.html
frckls

Re: Dupe of Nuance pinkberry lip color

Post by frckls » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 am

To my untrained eyes, Pink Berry looks so much like Reaction. Maybe others want to chime in, because I might be wrong. :)
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:07 pm

The first thing I thought was Reaction too. But now that I swatched Reaction and compared, Reaction is more bright pink while the photo of Pink Berry looks to have more lavender. I tried Reaction and Provoke..but that didn't really work. Adding Coy to the mix works a little better..but I'm having a hard time trying to set the right pink to purple ratio.
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 pm

It looks like Reaction mixed with a dark nude.
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks for your suggestions ladies :) I was thinking Reaction as well, but maybe not as bright. So I will have to think up what to mix with it to get the right hue...despite my painting degree-this will be a challenge! ;)
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:06 pm

I just tried a FOTD with Reaction and Hey Baby. It's the right milkiness but missing the purple hue. Maybe something deeper like Menage or one of the plums?
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:10 am

Bobbi seems the closest to my eye. Perhaps Bobbi with a breathe of Coy over it.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Bobbi with coy might work...I was also thinking maybe Carnation? On my screen it looks pretty close-but it's always hard to tell online.
feyith

Post by feyith » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Bobbi! Yes. I think you would like Cultured too. I don't know why I don't have those in my stash any more. Carnation was very peachy on me. I don't think it's quite what you're going for.
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks for your input ladies...now I am looking at swatches and will choose between Cultured and Bobbi :)