Warm pink lip color?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
MBlovesSN

Warm pink lip color?

Post by MBlovesSN » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:29 pm

I am trying to figure out if there is a warm pink lip color similar to Petal blush. I LOVE Petal blush and would like to have a complimentary lippie!

TIA!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
JenW

Re: Warm pink lip color?

Post by JenW » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Have you tried Maiden or Breathless?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:24 pm

I haven't tried either one of those lippies. I looked at Maiden (was actually thinking about this one before I asked) and Breathless. Between the two, Maiden looks closest to Petal.

What about Cultured, Rare Berry, Foreplay, or Bisou? How do they compare to Maiden? Maiden may still be the winner though!

Thanks! ;)
Favorites

kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I swatched some of these with Petal, and took a pick-but can't get it to upload :( I tried Caramel, Maiden, Darling, and Rare Berry. Maiden was the closest of those, Rare Berry is a lot darker. I swapped it away, so couldn't swatch it, but I think Twirl might have been closer yet.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I was thinking Rare Berry, but it may be more warm red than pink.
Heirloom is a nice warm pink if you are looking for something a lighter.
Maiden on me was a brownish nude, not pink, and also a bit dark. But I am very fair.
It really depends on your complexion and natural lip color.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Thank you ladies for your opinions. Kchalbi, thanks as well for taking the time to swatch the colors.

Looking at the descriptions and pictures online, I do think Rare Berry will be more red than pink. Culture may be too brown.

So I am still thinking Maiden, Heirloom (is this too pink?), or Twirl (too coral?)?!?

Can anybody who has these weigh in on the debate? What about Bisou or Foreplay?
Favorites

tardis

Post by tardis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Rare Berry is more pink than red on me. Strawberry pink but definitely pink. A pinker, more muted Blushberry. Bisou is much more red than Rare Berry — a bright berryish red.

Heirloom is a very cool pink. Unwearable on my warm skin. It looks like a pale, bubblegum pink on me. I had to pass it off to one of my fair, cool friends.

Twirl is a very pale coral. I can't wear it all in the summer because I'm a few shades too dark. I'm going to try it again this winter. But it's definitely not pink. Maiden is a darker, pinker version of Twirl. Nice and warm. Cultured is a nude pink — not particularly warm nor does it pull cool on me.

And Foreplay is a very warm pink slash peach with some golden shimmer. One of my favorite lippies as it suits yellow skin nicely. But I wear it as a peach and not a pink.

I suppose it would depend on whether or not your skin/lips pulls the cool or the warm out of a color. I have to be careful with anything even a little cool because I'll pull all of the cool out of it: Heirloom turns to lavender, Mirabelle turns to fuschia, and Provoke turns to crayon purple. If you tend to lean a little cool, you'll probably see more pink. If you tend to lean a little warm, you might see more peach. Same with Rare Berry. If your lips tend to make reds redder, then that's how it'll appear. On me, it's pink.

Pretty Please is a nice warm pink on me. Less peach than pink. Same with Allure. Warm pink but deeper. And then there's Joy which is listed as coral but looks like a bright, warm pop of pink. But Pretty Please, Maiden, and Foreplay would be my picks depending on how pink (as opposed to peach) you want it to look.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 pm

It must really be an individual thing, because Heirloom is not cool at all on me, it is a peachy pink. It's one of my current favorites actually :)
If you want to go warmer than Heirloom, I would say Pretty Please is the next step. I really do love that one, it looks just peach on me, not pink. But it depends on you, because like Tardis said, it is pink on her.
I like Twirl, it is a milky light peach. If you are fair or just like very light lippies, this will be a good one. Sweet Pea is the equivalent of Twirl, but just a milky pink instead of peach.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:08 am

now my curiousity got the better of me... i will pull out all my lippies tonight and swatch them alongside petal.

petal on me is a pinky peachy nude if that makes sense. the few times i wore pure petal i think i combined it either with bloom, soft or a combination of twirl and sweet pea. i don't really like shimmery lippies with matte blushes. since then i mixed it with a bit of maybe baby so it's even more nude and lippies like maiden, menage and mirage are good matches

from the ones mentioned before
- maiden is peachy nude on me
- heirloom turns my lips frosty pink
- breathless is rather dark and leaning towards plum
- cultured: have it, but cannot remember how it looks on me :S
- rare berry: too strawberry red for petal, but one of my favourite lippies nonetheless :D
- foreplay: too peachy due to the gold shimmer
- bisou: same as cultured

if petal shows up rather pink, then pout looks like a pretty good match, besides the shimmer (which might only be bothering me in combination with a matte blush).

anyway, if i find the perfect match in my lippie collection i will post it here :)
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:05 am

I think it will depend on your skin tone and natural lip color. My lips are quite pigmented, so a color like maiden actually lightens them-but for others maiden may darken their lip color. Also, things tend to pull pink on me, so Twirl-which is a coral/peach color, looks like a very light pink (petal type) color on me. Maybe it would help if you list your coloring and colors you've tried/what they look like on you?