Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post by karen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Feyith- go for Candid. It's in that whole Raindrops on Roses family- a little lighter, milkier, but a cute fun pink.

The rollers are a little over twice as strong as the body oils.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm so excited about this collection Karen!!! Neutrals with little/no shimmer AND Baby Kisses perfume? Perfection, thank you so much!
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Karen, I wanted to ask if there is any way to leave out the Stevia from the lipglosses? I just saw Oxana's swatches on another board and they are GORGEOUS and would buy every last one of them but I can't wear anything with natural/artificial etc.... sweeteners. It's killing me because so many lip products now contain them.

Anyway, just thought I would check:) And please, please, please don't start adding it to the ALG's!LOL!

Thanks for the consideration:)

-e
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:46 am

bellatete wrote: about the gloss packaging: i understand your arguments for bigger tubes and i also agree that the price is still reasonable - but the price wasn't an issue for me anyway.

however, will these bigger tubes be the new standard packaging for lip gloss, or will the older colours (and hopefully any new colours after valentine's) still come in the small tubes with doe foot applicators? *please*
I'm right there with you on the glosses. I love the smaller size and price simply because I am more willing to try different shades if the tubes are smaller (easier to store and carry multiples in a purse) and cost less. While I do think the price point on the new glosses is fantastic (especially considering the product itself and in comparison to other more expensive, less natural glosses), I prefer the doefoot, the smaller tube, and the lesser cost. Now, on the other hand, I would buy a larger size of Ginny any day, but probably wouldn't buy some of the other shades in larger sizes because I wouldn't wear them very often. Just my opinion though.....

Overall, I am liking the look of some of the new shadows.....Grainy, Cameo, and Sepia look fantastic!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
feyith

Post by feyith » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks so much for recommending Candid, Karen. It's my new favorite!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Karen, I just wanted to let you know you are the incredible ONE!! :D :D Thank you!! The eye colors are awesome! I have been loving mattes a lot now and not only did you do a great add for the UD Basic but Meet Matte Nude was on my list too and with what you did extra and have on the site it here at SN. * big hug* Loving Fast and mom will too. She loves a pretty pink lip. Came back this weekend to get some request after my 1st order. Buzzberry is a hit here. It reminds me of Summer Fruit balm that you did in the past. And, oh, Oxana's swatches ... had to get Zone. It looks perfect with a deep neutral eye. Karen, thanks again. :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Karen can I just say how much I love the new products, my favs are of course the perfume roller balls! Those need to stay year round please! Please! Please! I also love the new lip gloss containers, they are so nice looking and yes they do hold alot of lip gloss but I love the brush, I am able to get so much more lip gloss on without having to pump the wand a ton! it is quick and easy to apply... it does seem a bit thicker but it is probably just because I am able to get more product out! Anyways Thank you so much for the fabulous products as always! :) :) :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's really great to hear that you're liking them. I've been wearing the liquids glosses, and new colors non-stop myself!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
yogingineer

Post by yogingineer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Wow. First of all... Superfast shipping! I ordered on Feb 3 and received today (normally it takes 3 weeks to get to me in Calgary, Alberta, Canada).

I love love love Buttercream and Saucy Roll ons. Thank you for Buttercream Karen :D

I also love the flavour and texture of the new glosses.

Namaste is gorgeous too! Being a yogi, I couldn't resist ordering!

Thanks again Karen!
7 Ivory: 1.5 BG: 0.5 Olive... for now...
tori8780

Post by tori8780 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 pm

I have to say, I'm not liking the new lip gloss tubes. I bought 2 and have used each maybe 6 times, and the brushes are so splayed I cant use them without making a mess. I hope you dont choose to switch all the glosses to these tubes/wands. I will probably end up tossing them as they are such a pain to use.