Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Xarata

Re: Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post by Xarata » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:48 pm

i have one that came splayed and one that came smooth and they've both remained the way i received them. the splayed one does annoy but not to the point of non-use
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 am

motivated by karen's advice and just because it's such a gorgeous colour, i couldn't resist any longer and ended up ordering reflect lip gloss. after all, one shouldn't judge before having tried, right?

BUUUUT: with my luck, the brush was already splayed when i opened it the first time :( i was able to smooth the bristles down a bit, and initially thought i fixed it, but they probably just stuck together for a while with all the product on them. next time i pulled it out again, the bristles were splayed again, and i could not smooth them down anymore. they just keep sticking out. i also haven't figured out a careful enough method to put the applicator back in the tube without worsening the problem.

so please please please, do not switch all lip glosses to the new packaging. apart from the bristle problem i also don't see myself ever using up such a big amount of lip gloss - with all the other lippies i already have and all the new stuff coming out that i always just have to have!!! :oops:
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 am

I like the look of the new lip gloss tubes, but I agree that the brush isn't my favorite. And no matter what I do, the bristles separate. It is frustrating, but I'm still using the glosses. I find that Candid applies okay with the brush, but not at all with Shutter.

I do hope the Valentine lip glosses stick around for awhile (especially Candid). Please!! :D
LT16

Post by LT16 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

I have to agree with the others.

The reason I always come back to SN is because I know that they've always taken customer feedback seriously (and also of course because they have great products).

I just do not like the new lip glosses at all. I only have one (Reflect) but I just don't like the intensified cupcake scent. I think it's just too strong and sugary sweet. The good thing is that the scent doesn't last long.

The brush on mine is also splayed out completely. I don't recall it being splayed the first time I opened it up but I do recall the second time I took it out and noticed that it was like an old splayed out broom.

The bigger tube packaging may be more "economical" in the long run but what makeup junkie ever finishes a lip product? I would much prefer the smaller size.

Please bring back the smaller tubes! :)
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 am

I just wanted to chime in and say I personally love the Valentine's applicator and formula.

I remember mine starting out splayed but it has gotten nice over time.

I like how you only have to dip it in once and the gloss is applied really evenly and stays on.

Would it be possible to maintain the quality but have the smaller packaging?