Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Re: Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

I got mine today too! :) I posted swatches in the swatch thread comparing it to the first gumball eyeshadow.

I like it a lot, the texture is even smoother and creamier. Would love some lighter color without shimmer, still pearly or metallic, just no larger shimmer particles. That would be my ideal cream shadow, in colors like a pale nude, pale golden/yellow, baby pink. I look best when the color I wear all over my lid is my skin color or lighter, then I can wear darker colors in the crease. So that's why I request some lighter colors :)
Also, this new version is more pigmented and goes on more opaque, really an excellent formula. Will report on how it wears once I can test it for a whole day.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:04 pm

I am loving the new shadow! The consistency is great, and it went on very easily. I haven't specifically checked how it has been wearing today, but the few times I was in the bathroom at work I didn't notice it obviously creasing.

The color is beautiful, too!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 am

The cream shadow gumball sounds wonderful. I missed out on it, but would love to see it come back. Based on everybody's descriptions, I think I would like it!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:08 pm

MBlovesSN, I opened mine up and just swiped it on the back of my hand and it's not something that I think I will wear. If you would like it, PM me your address and I will be happy to send it to you.

Jill
Jill
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh, that cream eyeshadow gumball looks so pretty :shock: I got the first one (Curious) and really liked it although it was a little more shimmery than I usually wear. I missed out on Whim sadly :cry: but I'm really interested in what Karen comes up with as I have sensitive eyes so usually prefer cream shadows (less risk of fallout from powder to irritate my eyes). I love any taupe shades as always, but I also second the clear cream idea if feasible, as I'd love to be able to mix Lurid and Idolize into cream shadows :P
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 pm

I got all the gumballs, I haven't had a chance to test most of them yet (the baby stuff will be tested in 8 weeks when I have a real live baby to test it on :) But it all looks great. I have the cream shadow on right now, but I just kind of swiped it on over what I was already wearing, so I can't tell what it would be like worn on its own. I like the texture though, it feels like it wouldn't crease, if you know what I mean :)
I might try out the baby wash on my other 2 kids, my oldest has pretty sensitive skin, so if it doesn't make her itch that would be a really good sign.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Die Marchen I feel so honored! I can't believe your LO is already that old...to you, and Packgal, and the other Mom's on here. It does go by so fast! They say it, but when you have your own it just unbelievable.

It's good to hear that you're liking the cream shadows. We sold quite a few of the gumballs...how are they holding up? I've been playing with them since before Christmas- and have built and rebuilt the recipe a hundred times over. There isn't anything that I could really change to improve them at this point.

But what is important is that I describe it accurately, and make sure people get the right product for them, and help them use it in a way that works best.

SO, good, bad or indifferent- let me know!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Karen,
For me, the shadow could have been described as golden metallic with sparkle. If it was applied with a brush, it was a very golden color for me and it could have been the metalic/sparkle that made it so golden? When I applied with my finger and sheered it out, I could see a bit more of the base color. It was a bit strange because my finger seemed to show more of a pearlized taupe, like Oxana's swatch. It's holding up great and I can't imagine it could be improved on. I just hope it can translate to other colors with not so much bling for those of us who are showing their age just a little :P A nice neutral taupe along the lines of taupetastic maybe?

Heidi
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:37 pm

saw the sneak peek picture of the cream shadows on Facebook, so excited!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 pm

karen wrote:Die Marchen I feel so honored! I can't believe your LO is already that old...to you, and Packgal, and the other Mom's on here. It does go by so fast! They say it, but when you have your own it just unbelievable.
Yep, and before you know it, you have a six foot tall high school junior with a driver's license! :o

Oxana124 wrote:saw the sneak peek picture of the cream shadows on Facebook, so excited!!!!
Same here! They are beautiful!

I have really been enjoying the new gumball version. It goes on so easily and wears really well. I can't wait to get more colors!