Spring is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
bellatete

Re: Spring is Live!!!

Post by bellatete » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 pm

karen, i have a question about the international mystery adventure club: what value will be printed on the monthly packages? will you be able to split the price into 3? because, if the full price would be printed on the first package, that would exceed my limit of 30 usd in order to be tax free.

oh, and as with every new collection: i checked out everything and went :o and then :D and now i have to give my retinas a little break, otherwise i'd be tempted to throw caution and reason over board and order EVERYTHING!! it all looks perfect!!
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 pm

This is an amazing collection Karen and SN Crew!!!

I haven't started putting items in my cart yet, but I will be in just a couple of minutes. :D I think there's going to be a lot of shuffling as I try and figure out what to get.

Question about the Slick Sticks: I know you said not to keep ALGs in a pants pocket because of body heat. Would you suggest the same for the Slick Sticks, or are they okay to keep in pockets?

Off to work on my cart!!!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 pm

The value on the packages should be under $20...so you should be all set there even if the exchange rate changes.

I put just a tiny bit more wax in these- and so far they're holding up well in my pockets. Although I've washed a few lippies in my time, so I try to keep them in my purse.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
LT16

Post by LT16 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

The new collection looks really nice! I am enjoying all the different colors.

For the Slick Sticks, in terms of glossiness, would you say they are glossier than ALG? I hope so! I've been wanting to have a lipstick that applies sheer and has the glossiness of a lipgloss if that even makes sense.
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 pm

I can't believe the order I placed a little over 12 hours ago has ALREADY shipped. Wow! :o I am always so impressed, and I am looking forward to trying new things from the Spring collection!
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much Karen! The collection looks absolutely amazing!!! Off to fill up the cart. :)
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:52 am

are any of the new items limited edition or will they stick around for a while?
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

The Slick Sticks are ALG's but I substituted vanilla for menthol, left out the plumper and added just a little bit more wax to make up for the thickening power of the plumper. Other than the flavor I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

Nothing is limited edition, but I'm not committing 100% to the Slick Sticks just yet. It's going to depend on what you all think of them...I like the idea a lot, but I never really know until it's live and we have feedback from you.

I'm excited for MAC too!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ega

Post by ega » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you Karen! The spring collection looks amazing!

I also cannot wear ALGs because of menthol so I'm really excited about the Slick Stick formula. I like vanilla and the colours look so pretty that I'll probably end up ordering all of them :)

Thanks for the sheer red too, it looks gorgeous!
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
catlover

Post by catlover » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:14 pm

The spring collection looks great . Looking forward to trying out the new lip colours. My order should arrive next week.. excited to for the blush gwp as well :)