Liquid Gloss switcharoo in progress...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Liquid Gloss switcharoo in progress...

Post by karen » Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm

So I'm working on making the doe foot and squeezie tube (only) liquid glosses into Slick Sticks. We've had more than a few pigments come and go over the years, and I've found some replacements (again).

I told you I'd make everything from the doe foot and squeeze tube glosses into slick sticks. But I'm looking at Spike, Stiletto, Frolic- possibly Kitten mainly because it has calcium aluminum borosilicate in it and it's a little gritty in a thinner stick formula, and just thinking that we can do better.

I said I'll do it, and I'm prepared to follow through with that, but I'd rather maybe bring back something like Azalea, or one of our other really cool colors that I couldn't make because the pigments were discontinued or do something more awesome if you were cool with that.

Will you miss Spike, Stiletto, Frolic, and maybe Kitten?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Re: Liquid Gloss switcharoo in progress...

Post by Oxana124 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I personally won't miss those.

I miss the colors of the Buttercreams and the Kissable Creams. I know both of those formulas were discontinued, I'm not sure if pigments were an issue or if it was something else. The colors I miss the most as Wisteria, Heirloom, Swing, Hey Baby, and Sweet Pea.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Wed May 08, 2013 7:17 pm

I also will not miss those, but am looking forward to the switch in general!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Oooh I was actually going to ask about Spike and Stiletto. They vanished from the liquid lip gloss section and now are out of stock and I never tried them. I did kinda want to.

I guess I won't miss them too much, but I would love to see more sheer sparkly/glittery lippies in fun colors, even just limited edition. Please? :)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
ega

Post by ega » Thu May 09, 2013 4:46 am

I wouldn't miss those (but I'd miss Cerise!). Although I was hoping for the brush liquid glosses to be made as solid sticks too, especially Infinity and Shutter. They look gorgeous and I've wanted to get them for so long but the big packaging means I would not use them up before they go bad and I don't like wasting products. By the way, Ambrosia would also be lovely if the pigments are available :) And replacements for the discontinued Kissable Creams (Flaunt, please :))

OT: I have just realised I have over 30 SN lippies already! :o
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 am

I won't miss those either....
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
yogingineer

Post by yogingineer » Fri May 10, 2013 12:13 am

I actually love Kitten! But I'm sure I could find a replacement... Something similar to GWP dancing shoes maybe?
7 Ivory: 1.5 BG: 0.5 Olive... for now...
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Fri May 10, 2013 7:55 pm

I wish for a redo of Sweetpea,Twirl,and of course my beloved Zinnia. There is just nothing like it not even dare I say at the Mac counter!The taste is the best .I do worry that the formula won't be as forever moisturizing as the doefoot liquid but I look forward to the new and hopefully repeat colors.
ega

Post by ega » Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 am

I personally find the Slick Stick formula much more moisturising than the liquid one. Hope it will be the same for you!
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
feyith

Post by feyith » Sat May 11, 2013 11:45 pm

I won't miss those colors but really liked the Buttercream and Kissable Cream formulas.

Hey Baby is perfect.
Last edited by feyith on Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.