1st MAC package went out on Friday!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Oxana124

Re: 1st MAC package went out on Friday!

Post by Oxana124 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you!
I tried the bonus item, and I amazed at how it works, I wasn't sure what it would really do, but it really does what it claims.
I also love the color of the "tester" formula.
And I love the formula of Kapow gloss(figured most people know about this item by now, since it's not a surprise but a GWP), I like my glosses more sticky, and this one is thinner and stickier which I like.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 pm

WARNING: SPOILERS (No pictures, just text)

This was so worth it! I was thrilled to get my package and I loved everything. I loved reading the letter, too! It was so awesome to get that. The bonus item is a different kind from the one I already have from another company - I think this new one might be more effective for me, yay!

Race - A very pretty dark teal with coppery shimmer. I'm excited to play with this one! I'll probably try it over Stick 'Em tomorrow.

Loop - When I first swatched it I thought "This seems very similar to Doubloons," but I pulled Doubloons out and swatched it and it's very different (so much for my memory)! They have the same sort of multicolored iridescent edge, but Loop is much darker and taupier. It's gorgeous and I think Doubloons would actually make a really good highlight with it.

Curve - A beautiful blush somewhat similar to Lovelace (the second mistaken comparison I made!). The shimmery, almost iridescent finish is similar to Lovelace, but Curve is much pinker, with just a hint of peach. Bright but sheer.

Kapow! - The coolest thing ever. It's fluorescent orange in the tube, but a thin layer produces a much pinker effect on my lips - like a more neon Truly or Mirabelle. No blacklight in the house to test, but I really want to!

Bohemian - An extremely exciting and unexpected item! I love new lippies! It's a gorgeous plummy pink with a hint of shimmer, somewhat like Breathless but a touch darker and definitely plummier. I'm REALLY excited to wear this tomorrow!

I love the labels! The cupcake and the Kapow font and "Mrs. Stark's Half Bakery." I laughed out loud. The name must stay somehow! :D

Thank you, Karen! This is amazing and I'm even more excited for the June package (which should arrive somewhere around my birthday, the 21!) And confirmation of a summer collection! Woohoo!

Happy SN fan!! :D (but sorry for the length)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon May 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Yay!!!! I'm glad you liked them! I had forgotten how fun they are to put together...but we had a blast with it in the office.

Next round should be fun- I had a cocktail and hit a nifty wholesale site late one night. :o We were playing with them this morning.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon May 20, 2013 11:35 pm

I found a not quite so gross Youtube video showing how to use the tool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCLIpGr2ZQ8

There are tons and tons of videos, but a lot of them are close-ups and you can't unsee that.
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:29 am

I got mine too!

I was excited to see the tool because I've always thought about picking one of them up, but I never have. I didn't try it tonight because I haven't taken pictures for my blog yet, but I'll be testing it out tomorrow. Can't wait!

I'm, of course, looking forward to playing with everything else too. I missed the MAC! Thanks for doing it again Karen and SN crew. Can't wait for June's package!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 am

All the goodies are awesome! And I am very excited about the bonus tool! I have been wanting to try one of these and just have never gotten around to purchasing one.

I am in love with Bohemian! I love the formula; it really stays put and I want it in more colors, please. :)
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:28 am

I think I'm going to use everything in a look today. :D I'll try to post pics tonight!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:49 am

Finished my video about my MAC package!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ7_0Rry0b8
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Andrea_M

Post by Andrea_M » Wed May 22, 2013 11:02 am

I love the first package! I'm super excited for the next one.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed May 22, 2013 6:19 pm

You're looking great Oxana!! Ali has a crush on you- he kept staring at the computer and giggling this morning. Hope you're well!