Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
DonnaD

Re: Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post by DonnaD » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Saw the sneak peek of cream shadows on FB tonight too, YAY! Happy to see they are coming soon and hope it will be helpful if I offer up some comments on the gumballs Curious and Whim.

Absolutely loved both cream shadows, on me they are two very different colors. (45, green-eyed brunette) I wore them both as as a one color wash, applied in the morning and wore in the office all day. Curious came across as a very shimmery ivory and Whim leaned towards a pinkie-brown shimmer.

Curious worked perfectly for me. It's a beautiful eye brightening-if you can only have one shadow-travels well-no other tools-color: easily applied evenly, didn't crease and was exactly as applied after an entire day, including into the evening. I tried it with primer first, but it worked equally as well without primer. The only difference I noticed was in removal, I think Curious would have been good for more than a day!

I was thrilled to catch the gumball Whim, the first test on the back of my hand and I fell in love with the gorgeous color. I love it too, but didn't find it as easy to apply evenly. (It didn't take alot of fussing, just a teeny bit more attention than Curious) Whim is must-have shadow for me too, but it didn't last as long as the Curious formula on my lids. I tried it with and without primer, and it lasted longer and seemed not so patchy with primer.

I would happily buy both Curious and Whim again, in either formula, and I can't wait to try out new colors in the spring line!
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:31 am

Hmmm, not sure what I'm doing wrong with the cream eye shadow but it did not last more than 5 hours on my lid and it slightly creased and formed tiny balls in the crease and upper lid. I applied it straight from the tube and found that a lot of product was needed (I did a single wash look and use it also in my crease to test). Any tips on how to use less and whether I need to use a primer or powder on my lids before/after? are most welcome.

The colour is gorgeous, looks golden and silvery taupe on me depending how the light hits it but definitely too shiny and sparkly for daytime wear. I reapplied it for an evening out and then it was perfect.

I love the baby wash and so do my makeup brushes!

The diaper cream worked really well on my allergy induced rashes and I love the cleaning product, great smell and great cleaning power!
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
packgal

Post by packgal » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:39 am

Just wanted to post as well how much I love the cream shadow. Absolutely gorgeous color, I've been wearing it most days since it came. Cream shadows are my go to easy eye color and this is just divine. I do not find that it lasts all day, but it does well for a few hours without fading and creasing. I am going to have to try it over a primer. I also have to be careful about not rubbing my eyes when I have it on as it does come off if I do. Darn allergies.

I've only used the other gumball products once so I can't comment too much on them, but they all seem lovely so far. Thanks again for the fun products Karen! Can't wait to see swatches of the new cream shadows! Don't think I will be able to buy anything soon as we just put ourselves on a budget (boo!) but at least I can admire swatches and enjoy Whim :)
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 am

I find that blending the cream shadow by patting it with my finger is really the best way to apply it. I dot it on with the applicator and then gently pat all over with my finger. I get an opaque even application this way.
I find that as long as there is no water present the shadow stays put very well. It gets dissolved easily by water, which makes it very nice and easy to remove, but also makes it not the best choice if it is raining or your eyes water, or you are going to be sweating.
I like to wipe my lids with a q-tip before applying any eye makeup, to remove excess oil, skin care products, etc. I feel this helps with lasting power.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks Oxana, very helpful as always. I will try it with a primer and see what happens and will also try your Q tip tip. :)
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Is there any chance you are going to bring out the baby wash in a larger size? I have only bathed Lexi in it once so far, but I really like it :) I would love a pump top container.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
packgal

Post by packgal » Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 pm

I really like the baby wash too. It smells so good.