Going on vacation and need some low maintenance ideas

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
pinkfox

Going on vacation and need some low maintenance ideas

Post by pinkfox » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Thinking my face but better since we will be going to amusement parks and sightseeing. Want to look put together but not spend a lot of time/effort!
Lyn
Know yourself!
See Spot. See Spot Change.
See Doctor... or See Spot Kill.
educate yourself
http://www.mpip.org

Live every day as if it is your LAST chance to make someone happy!
cclee00

Re: Going on vacation and need some low maintenance ideas

Post by cclee00 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Zinc powder! Date bait (if it works for you). A sheer lippie for a little color and moisture...I like Maiden, Foreplay, Aria or Precious. ALGs probably aren't good if you'll be carrying them around in the heat. I would probably take...a cream concealer, cream blush, zinc powder, mascara, and lippie of choice. That way you can scribble on the concealer and blush, blend, use the powder all over to set, brush on mascara, and take the lippie with you! Hope that helps!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am

I wear tinted moisturizer with SPF50, topped by zinc powder or I use a facial sunscreen that is SPF100 and mix foundation powder one to two shades darker into it as the base of my make-up. (I go with foundation because often the higher SPF facial sunscreens are so so white that it lightens my skin tone on my face by a several shades.)

For the water park, I'd suggest getting a sweat proof/ waterproof SPF face lotion and mixing foundation into it or you can just dust your regular shade over it about 10 seconds or so after you put it on so it sets in.

Waterproof mascara
Blush of choice
Lippie
Eyeshadow primer (I often put on the primer, then dust it with foundation and go)

I have zinc powder in a little powder carrying compact that lives in my little travel backpack that we take everywhere so I can dust my face as needed. I burn quickly and badly.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:36 am

I generally do foundation, or zinc powder, mascara, and a bright lippie if I want to be glamorous, or a sheer lippie if I want low maintenance...I wear sunglasses so I skip anything complicated on my eyes. This time I'll probably do a wash of one of the cream shadows just for funsies.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Post by feyith » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 am

Use a 50/50 mix of ULTP and Equalizer as foundation.

Set with a 50/50 mix of Date Bait and Sheer Zinc.

Skin is perfect and sun protected.

Favorite lip gloss and done!