Lippie and Cream ES questions

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
nature

Lippie and Cream ES questions

Post by nature » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Just a bunch of random questions that I accumulated in the past couple of weeks :oops:

- What happened to Bellerose? I love it. Is it d/c-ed?
- Is there a salmon-coloured lippie (similar to Sunnyville Cream ES)?
- Which lippies are closest to Genuine (d/c) in terms of texture, colour and sheerness? It was lovely for my pigmented lips.
- Are there any lippies or stains that are in danger of being d/c in the next 6 months? :o Would appreciate a heads up. :D
Please don't discontinue Chloe, even if the colour doesn't seem to be 100% stable... it gives me the perfect pink lips I've been after.
- If I look washed out with Hey Baby, Breathless, Birthday Suit, St. Tropez, Menage, and Nice Tan, do any other muted or nude lippies exist that may work for me? I need them for days when people should take me seriously. :lol:

* If I keep my cream ES in a cool, dark cabinet, can I horde them indefinitely (well, say 2-3 years) if I don't open them?
* What do you do with your cream ES when the 6 months are up? I feel so sorry to discard the unused portion.

Look forward to you sharing!
cclee00

Re: Lippie and Cream ES questions

Post by cclee00 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:59 am

The only question I've got an answer to is the nude lippies! ;) If those don't work for you you might try the SS Briarwood, though I'm not sure if it's any darker than Breathless. Breathless is a slightly-darker medium-toned pink on me, but I'm pretty fair. You might also try Caramel, Eternal, and Negligee; I haven't tried any of them though. Maiden is also a great nude option!

Hope some of this helps!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:31 pm

That's the only answer I have for you too, about nude lippies. Try the new lipstick Sheena, that one is nice and dark, so you should not find it to be too light.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Something odd happened to Bellerose (and I loved it too)- one of the pigments settled into making black dots in some tubes. I ordered new pigments, tried a few different things- and it looked like someone spilled pepper in it. I'm still scratching my head.

Maybe Swank for a nude? Caramel is a good one too. Maybe Darling? It's sheer, deeper, and cute. I don't have anything exactly like Sunnyville- good idea though!

For the cream shadows...the preservative that we use starts to turn acidic after about 6 months no matter what. Eventually it will probably drop low enough to sting. It's also a product that's really prone to contamination because you're wiping it on your skin an then dipping it back into the tube.

That's why we say they have a shelf life of 6 months. I don't want to hurt anyone, and with a wet eye product the potential is certainly there. I think every makeup wearing woman in the world has used a product past the expiration date though...it's your call, but I say enjoy them, and say goodbye when it's time.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 pm

How about the cream eyeliners? I thought they were good for 2 years and can i refrigerate an unopened one?
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 am

the cream eyeliners are a completely different formula. they are oil/wax based and they contain no water. the worst that can happen to these is that they go rancid, which is harmless.

the cream shadows (mislabeled in my eyes, as they are rather gel shadows) on the other hand contain water and other ingredients that can promote the growth of bacteria and mold, especially when they keep getting contaminated (as karen described).
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:16 pm

THanks! I love the cream eyeliners and I can tolerate them. i have dry eyes and the shadows are too drying.
Mairi

Post by Mairi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 pm

I was just wondering if putting the cream shadows in a little squeeze tube would help give them a longer shelf life.
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:03 am

The problem with the squeeze tube we can source is the size. It holds quite a bit of product.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
nature

Post by nature » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 pm

karen wrote:Something odd happened to Bellerose (and I loved it too)- one of the pigments settled into making black dots in some tubes. I ordered new pigments, tried a few different things- and it looked like someone spilled pepper in it. I'm still scratching my head.

Maybe Swank for a nude? Caramel is a good one too. Maybe Darling? It's sheer, deeper, and cute. I don't have anything exactly like Sunnyville- good idea though!
Good luck with Bellerose, Karen. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

I would totally buy a lippie that looks like Sunnyville! It was more of a question than a request actually. :lol: And it could wait till next spring. There will certainly be more awesome new colours to choose from and I'm not in a hurry. By then I'll be ready for my second tube of Sunnyville. :P

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions. Caramel worked for me in 2009. I simply forgot about it, even though it's on my lippie spreadsheet. Unfortunately, Maiden also washes me out. But I do wear these wash-me-out lippies on days when I want to be left alone. :D Swank has been on my wish list for a while. It's time it goes into the cart.