Let's talk about Holiday...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fireproof2012

Re: Let's talk about Holiday...

Post by fireproof2012 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Blue berry CheeseCake lipbalm please!!! I miss it....so yummy!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 pm

One more pic of a color I think would be cool for a lippie:

I think duochrome colors will be in this holiday season, since companies are releasing them. They are calling them holographic.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:17 pm

I would also love to see some eye shadow kits for different eye colors-this would be a big help in buying gifts for others! I also agree with the comment about warm, neutral and cool colored toned kits :)
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:08 pm

cclee00 wrote:Yay! I'm so excited for holidays! Big surprises sound exciting! I like fun colors for eyeshadows (they don't have to be bright, just not neutral [I know I'm in the minority here], maybe jewel tone) and practically any lippies you can think of! A glitter bomb is what I'm hoping for. ;)
+1 on the glitter bomb lippies, especially if the are finely milled similar to the eye lights formula, in neutral colors and work for many skin tones.
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:27 am

I would second the duochrome gloss request. Also I loooovvve extremely glittery glosses, like Mac's Dazzleglasses....and they had a LE Holiday one called Pleasure Principle that I loved and had teal, purple, and pink reflects in it. I'd love a natural version of it!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
LT16

Post by LT16 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Can we also have a Peppermint lip balm that is super strong? I know we have some that aren't fond of the tingly feeling on their lips but for those who like peppermint, most likely they like'em STRONG!

Also, more ALG's! (sheer colors)
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I love Oxana's suggestion of a holographic lip gloss! You could make it so beautiful, Karen!

I would also love for you to bring back Wistaria (and Swing) in the SS or KS formula. If I could only chose one, I'd pick Wistaria. It is my all-time favorite lip color!

Regarding glimmer and sparkles, Broadway or something similar in the SS or KS formula would be incredible. Not the ALG formula - many people are allergic to or don't like mint. I think it should be more neutral so a broader number of people can enjoy the glitter-fest! :)

I would like more color options in the violet category. I love The Village, but I would also like to have something like that only a little darker. Pink/Violet colors (like Wistaria!) are so gorgeous...pearl and/or glimmer will make them spectacular :)

Thanks, Karen!
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:57 pm

shiny wrote:Some people don't quite know where to start when it comes to buying makeup. And some people might like to buy a gift for a loved-one, but not know what to get. So how about some eyeshadow kits geared towards eye color? Maybe duos, trios or quads for brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, gray eyes? You could even have matte kits and shimmer kits for each eye color.
I love the idea of eye color kits. I have hazel eyes and lean towards reddish colors to bring out the green. I'd love to have some kind of custom kit :)
BeccaBoo

Post by BeccaBoo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:04 pm

I love the duochrome idea!! c: Hmmm, some eye color kits would be interesting too.

~BeccaBoo
ega

Post by ega » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Karen, could we have a non-minty lip scrub, please? And I'd also love a Slick Stick version of the Cerise and Ambrosia lip glosses. I still miss them...

Thanks for listening!
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse