Let's talk about Holiday...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Let's talk about Holiday...

Post by karen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:13 am

"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
fireproof2012

Post by fireproof2012 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 pm

My husband and I request if it is at all possible::::pretty please:::: Chocolate scented soap or lotion or skin care with real cocoa. No synthetic fragrances(allergic) Just wishful thinking :cry: :P
shiny

Post by shiny » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 pm

I would love to see Boost GWP offered as a regular item in the Holiday release. You don't have another color like it, that coppery pink, terracotta blend, with the most beautiful, subtle sheen. My eyes change from gray to blue to gray-blue to gray-green, and Boost just looks beautiful all the time. It's my holy grail eye shadow.

Thank you, Karen!
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:48 pm

The GWP's Magic Dust and Proof. These two have become a favorite eye combo! Also, original versions of the lip balms, like the formula in the tins, just back in a tube, especially Bad Girl (green apple)! I know I'm not the only one who misses the old formula and its super slick and shiny wonderfulness. ;)
~Tracy~
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:21 am

I love the idea of cream blush palette, so I'm seconding that one! Climax would be wonderful in cream form, and I would also like to see something like desert plum or foxxy as cream. I would definitely like to see Hampton's Hottie in a cream palette.

I'm still in love with the cream eye shadows: so convenient! I would love to see more neutrals if possible, like Mojave (which is still my go-to shadow), and others in the tone of Cream, Cutie Pie, Bristol, etc. I was hoping Penthouse to be my neutral base, but for some reason that color just doesn't work, strange.

Another +1 for a nudish lip stain and Cayenne coming back in a new formula. I'm still crying for Raisin, so hoping for a similar color in a lipstick formula. I don't often wear 'stick lately, but when I do, I want it to make a statement :)

There was a thread about face primer with silicone, perhaps? That would be wonderful, especially during the winter months to keep the moisture in a bit more.

My hands get dryer in the winter, so some hand cream with AHA would be wonderful. Or, anything that gives a bit of a moisture and hydration boost to hands and face.

Repackaging, LE package sizes:
I saw the thread about repackaging some items, and I would totally love the microderm gel in a tube: I'm actually doing that right now with empty 1oz tubes, but it's a mess :D

If the cleansing conditioner (either one) was being sold by the bucket, I would be all over that! In all seriousness though, I would love a larger size. Right now, I just buy multiples at once, but I go through the tube in a month or so (yeah, the boyfriend steals some of it, for sure and boast about his sooooft hair later, pfftt).

Thank you for asking, and looking forward to the surprises!
Charz

Post by Charz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 pm

A clear lip gloss with potentially sun protection ingredients would be amazing to layer under lippies. I understand that having SPF is completely unfeasible, so just having one that *might* provide protection but definitely doesn't promise anything would be better than not wearing anything at all. And even if it doesn't have sun protection, I'd still have the magical SN lip moisture benefits!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Charz wrote:A clear lip gloss with potentially sun protection ingredients would be amazing to layer under lippies. I understand that having SPF is completely unfeasible, so just having one that *might* provide protection but definitely doesn't promise anything would be better than not wearing anything at all. And even if it doesn't have sun protection, I'd still have the magical SN lip moisture benefits!
Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are the natural ingredients that provide sun protection, so if you look for those in your lippies chances are they will provide some sun protection. Unfortunately they are white, so adding them to a clear lip balm will make it give a white cast to your lips.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:52 pm

zooeyblue wrote:Original versions of the lip balms, like the formula in the tins, just back in a tube, especially Bad Girl (green apple)! I know I'm not the only one who misses the old formula and its super slick and shiny wonderfulness. ;)
Yup, loved the formula that was in the tins. Lovely flavors too as someone else mentioned. I love gooshy (that's a word!) lip balms that I can really slather on (I'm a junkie, all right? ;) ) and I think the Lip Lube formula would be great. A squeeze tube instead of a stick would be even better. The regular balms are great but a squishier (and maybe thicker, but not stiffer) texture would be great for nighttime.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm

cclee00 wrote:
zooeyblue wrote:Original versions of the lip balms, like the formula in the tins, just back in a tube, especially Bad Girl (green apple)! I know I'm not the only one who misses the old formula and its super slick and shiny wonderfulness. ;)
Yup, loved the formula that was in the tins. Lovely flavors too as someone else mentioned. I love gooshy (that's a word!) lip balms that I can really slather on (I'm a junkie, all right? ;) ) and I think the Lip Lube formula would be great. A squeeze tube instead of a stick would be even better. The regular balms are great but a squishier (and maybe thicker, but not stiffer) texture would be great for nighttime.
A lip balm in a squeeze tube sounds great!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
ludmila

Post by ludmila » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 pm

So excited to dip into the holiday atmosphere!
The first thing that comes to mind - a box of chocolates! Think of a solid "all-purpose" balm (for face, body, lips and even hair) with cocoa butter and real high-quality chocolate! Add some ceramide-rich oils (e.g. rice bran, wheat-germ et c.), waxes, some skin-beneficial essential oils (e.g. lavender, rose, frankincense, rosemary, ginger), some powdered herbs (liquorice, camomile, calendula, rose petals...) and calamine, zinc, silk or pearl powder to retain its shape. A touch of holiday-inspired natural flavouring would be great too - vanilla, cinnamon, orange... oh, and honey for sweetness! Keep it free from humectants like glycerine, sorbitol, panthenol, aloe or hualuronic acid, so it can be used in temperatures below freezing and low humidity. Form that into small, individually wrapped "chocolate candies" in white, milk and dark chocolate and place them in a cute box (6-12 per pack). Something similar can also be done with little soaps in a very mild universal formula. A wonderful gift and a perfect companion for travellers!