The Cream Foundation Thread

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
BeccaBoo

Re: The Cream Foundation Thread

Post by BeccaBoo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Ceramic microspheres are NOT the same as nanoparticles, correct? I've read that nanoparticles should be avoided because they have potential to enter the blood and cross the blood brain barrier. I didn't think these had anything to do with that but I just wanted to confirm!!
About the foundation itself, I'm surprised how well it evened my skin tone! I have a warm skin tone, so I sampled the golden shades. I have a bit of redness some of the time and tend to have oily skin. This foundation took care of both!! No redness or oily sheen. It feels a little drying at the moment but I suspect that's because it's the sample size and it partially dried out. My color is G20 and it looks fantastic! ^w^
EmSilkNat

Post by EmSilkNat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Since I don't order that often (I want to save on shipping), I was kind of hoping to make a good guess of the right shade. If I use Light Peach sleep in a jar and #2 Cream Concealer, what might it be? I think MAC NW20 is a bit yellow and dark on me.

Neutral 20 or Neutral 30 were my guesses and I was leaning toward Neutral 30.

Thanks in advance for any input!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:40 pm

You could probably thin out the Sleep in a Jar with the Cloud powder, but it won't cover as well. You could also try the All Purpose Foundation too...

The microspheres aren't nano particles. That stuff creeps me out...I won't work with it.

@EmSilkNat I'm going to guess you're probably N30. I think I'm NW20 (it's been years), and I wear the N30, and #2 concealer.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
EmSilkNat

Post by EmSilkNat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:29 am

karen wrote: @EmSilkNat I'm going to guess you're probably N30. I think I'm NW20 (it's been years), and I wear the N30, and #2 concealer.
Thank-you! Ha ha re: NW20 the only reason I know is that a lot of people use it as a reference for depth of skin-tone, so I went to a booth to have them figure out what my colour was! I left it on for the day, and had breakouts for the next few days after. Interestingly, looking at your skin, I wonder whether you're a bit fairer than I am - that reassures me that N20 is definitely not it. Of course that is the challenge with ball-parking with photos. :) I went ahead and ordered N30 plus the book-end samples, and I can give it a good try! Looking forward to it!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:45 pm

What's the best way to apply the foundation? Moisturize then apply? Or I can layer equalizer underneath? I think I over applied... it's been so long since I've used liquid foundation :)
I do think I found a match though: G40 with translucent cloud over it. I tried the 30s, both N and G, but I looked somewhat pale. N40 was too dark. As a reference, when I used foundation, it was the original formula with a bit of buttery gold and ebony, but more ebony than BG, so I'm a bit surprised, but then again, my finishing powder has been predominantly Tempt Tryst diluted with ULTP .

Edited to add: So maybe G30 is the best with the golden cloud. And now it's getting dark and I can't really tell any more. Tomorrow is a new day for more half face make up play :)
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:53 pm

I tried the 30s, both N and G, but I looked somewhat pale. N40 was too dark.
I always think the same thing when I use a foundation with good coverage, even when it is a good match for my skin. It takes away the variances and any redness if you have any-which is kind of the point, but does make me look paler! I never look right with foundation unless I add some color back in with blush or bronzer.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:23 am

I have to use Nina as a face bronzer to give my G50 just the right look with out any spots or uneven skin tone. Or I would not match my chest or neck. Im a warm tone with a red/brown undertone, but not peach. If that makes sense. This give me the perfect match. Im in love with this new foundation. I could not use the loose foundation BUT Im in love with this new one. :D :D
Also I find that using the stick foundation as a concealer (apply it heavy) then lightly blending out the edges is perfect. HTH :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:22 pm

I put mine on over moisturizer...and then just blend with my hands, but if you want lighter coverage the black blending sponge gives a little lighter coverage.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Omg how did I miss the holiday collection???
If I wear 1 scoop olive to 12 scoops white with a smudge if green booster what foundation do you think I will be? I am thinking n30?
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:59 pm

That sounds about right.