diy palettes

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
frckls

Re: diy palettes

Post by frckls » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Heh? Propinquity?? Are you sure??? I have Propinquity and wanted to press it. But I first tried swatching it with a finger slightly damp with FCO and it was a disaster! It became a flat mauve and lost the amazing gold sheen. How did you do that?
zus

Post by zus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:40 pm

I did nothing special! But don't use FCO (still haven't got round to getting it, gah) so this was all done with the EZ Prez medium. I must have done in a crazy impulsive moment because it was the GWP, it's such a precious colour and I put the whole thing by itself in one pan (it only just covered the bottom haha). But all went well :) I use it often and it is super smooth, blends great and has the lovely golden sheen. Must be the FCO/EZ Prez? Or maybe it was still too much FCO? That's such a shame, the gold really makes Propinquity...
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Hmmm maybe it's the FCO? Propinquity is still in my "no-press" list. I kept on trying swatching it with FCO bcs I'm curious. But it still disappoints me for losing its glory! :(
reetta

Post by reetta » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Today I finally tried pressing. I didn't have too many full eyeshadows, so mostly I just mixed stuff together and got some colours I actually really like. I was also missing an actual palette so i used an emty cd case :roll: For the pressing I used hand sanitizer and EZ Press :)

Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Reetta! Love the bewitched mix, is it the one from the EOTD thread! Could you please tell what did you mix?
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Does anyone own this palette?

http://theconservatorie.com/eyeshadow-p ... -1479.html

Do you like it? Approximate size? I prefer a free style. I looked at the Unii ones and really like them but I am not sure I want to spend that much money.

If anyone has any suggestions for free style palettes, I would appreciate it. I am in Canada.

Edit: The Conservatorie has a $50.00 minimum order. I really doubt I need that many palettes and I am not sure what else I could order. I think I will skip this site.