Mascara and a few announcements

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Mascara and a few announcements

Post by karen » Mon May 05, 2014 1:57 pm

The mascara that we've carried since the beginning has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I didn't see that one coming, and we're currently out of stock on the site. I used it and loved it faithfully for years, and I was sort of bummed when I found out.

BUT I managed to round up a replacement that I really like. It's 100% natural, Vegan, gluten-free and 85% organic. It's preserved with a blend of essential oils and plant extracts. I trust the manufacturer.

I'm hoping to have it here by the end of the week.

This spring/summer I'm working on a few fairly large projects. One of the things I like to do periodically is go through the different product lines, and see what's missing, what could be improved and things like that.

So that's what I'm working on at the moment. It may be a little bumpy for the next few months, but it should all be changes for the better.

In the mean time instead of a big Summer collection I'll be looking at individual product lines, and focusing on one area at a time. There will be new things, but it won't be big comprehensive collections. I'll update here and on Facebook when they come out.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sunnyray

Re: Mascara and a few announcements

Post by sunnyray » Mon May 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Please consider another liquid lipgloss.Miss the ones I used to use. love the slicksticks but they are not as creamy.Neutral colors would even be greaat if you don't want to do colors. Look forward to the spring summer stuff.Love Sea breeze will use it all summer!
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm

You know, I actually was coming onto the forums to talk about the mascara because my most recent tube hasn't been performing so hot - I keep getting giant gooey clumps at the end of the wand and it's been a bit gross. :( So while I am sad to see it's discontinued, I have high hopes for the replacement!
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Mon May 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Karen,
I must add that I appreciate all your wonderful collections. It must be hard to come up with so many new ideas.Your lipsticks and the formulas are just fabulous.Your skin products are in a class all by themselves.The prices are more then reasonable. I look forward to every new release but I adore lots of the "classics" Nobody does it better Karen. Thanks.
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Tue May 06, 2014 6:11 am

Karen I said this before and will say it again..."You go out of your way to keep us informed and provide some excellent products!"

BTW I need to do a review on your Peach HD Concealer. I recently turned a friend onto it after she had a boo boo on her nose (she had scratched herself and it left a mark on her nose). I did a quick cover up for her at work and it completely covered the mark! I checked her about 1/2 way through the day to see how she looked and absolutely no touch up required! No cakiness, no dryness, patchiness, just wonderful looking skin!

Thank you for everything you do here! Love your products!
catlover

Post by catlover » Fri May 16, 2014 9:25 pm

has anyone tried the new mascara yet? I am curious to how well it performs..:)
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Mon May 19, 2014 10:48 am

I ordered some the day it came out, and I have been wearing it daily since it arrived in the mail. Here are my thoughts in no particular order:
  • I wish this came in brown!
  • The wand is much shorter than the original mascara, and it was a little disorienting at first
  • I really like how the end doesn't collect so much GOOP like the last tube of my old mascara
  • The opening of the container has a nice, deep "well" - I love this because I feel like I'm not making a huge crusty mess around the edge like the old tube
  • This mascara seems to clump up a little on the outer lashes, but that could just be my ineptitude
  • Staying power is just as nice as the last one
  • It seems to do a better job holding my curled lashes in place (doesn't flatten out)
  • Washes off nice and easy
  • I get little dried black bits in the inner corners of my eyes as the day goes on - I'm not sure what causes this but it's kind of irritating
I've also been sampling the "take it off" makeup remover in conjunction with this new mascara, and I find that it leaves waaaayyy less yucky black residue in my eyes when removing it. It's just a shame it's so watery because I feel like I spill so much!