Holiday Collection....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Charz

Re: Holiday Collection....

Post by Charz » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:26 am

I really like eyeshadow sets, like the Days of the Week and the recent Nude Palette made from SN's own shades. It makes the buying process so much easier and I can pick up colours I wouldn't have chosen otherwise, while knowing I'll have the right shades to match with them. They're also amazing as Christmas gifts!

As for lip colours, what about special lip glosses with mirror and an LED light just for the holiday season? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8ml-lip- ... 75528.html

Looking forward to seeing what you and the team come up with!
eeeksparks

Post by eeeksparks » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 pm

ALGs are my favorite, I'd love to see some sheer colors and duochromes.
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:29 am

A lip primer! I bought one from another mineral makeup company and it works well (I'm able to get your Entice cream blush to stay on my lips for quite awhile!) but like so many independent companies they've discontinued this product. I'd love to see one on your site! I've mentioned this before that so many other mineral companies change their products at the drop of a hat, discontinue core items with no warning, or have gone belly up. SN has proven time and time again they are here to stay!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:45 am

Do you have the ingredients list for the lip primer? Most of the ones that I've seen are the non-indie versions that are pretty much like eye primers with stuff I don't want to use in them.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 am

Something neat would be a product that one can mix with powder makeup to turn it into a liquid/cream product. Like squirt a little of it in the palm of your hand, sprinkle some of your mineral foundation, mix, and you have yourself a liquid foundation! Same can be done with blush, highlight, etc.
Over the years I have tried mixing my minerals with various lotions, sunscreens, serums, aloe, etc. to create a liquid foundation. Sometimes it works nicely(seems like products with dimethicone really work for this, but not sure if you want to use silicones), other times it really doesn't mix well or is streaky and patchy.
It would be nice to have a product made just for this purpose especially as we head into winter.
Something a little moisturizing(with a little fractionated coconut oil perhaps, this is the least greasy oil I have found), but light, so it would work for most skin types.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am

I would love to have a clone of Mac's Viva Glam Rihanna 2 duo for lips-both the full coverage lipstick and the shimmer gloss.
Navy mascara would be great.
Duochrome shadows-always!
Duochrome lippies as well-especially silver.
A zippy green eyeshadow! (Where have they all gone?)
A clone of UD Frisk-a matte level 2 coolish grey neutral with a slightly warm (lavender?) undertone. I don't know how to describe it, but there is no brown in it.
:D
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:55 pm

We do have our own version of UD Frisk- it's Kensington on the site.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Oxana124 wrote:Something neat would be a product that one can mix with powder makeup to turn it into a liquid/cream product. Like squirt a little of it in the palm of your hand, sprinkle some of your mineral foundation, mix, and you have yourself a liquid foundation! .
I agree! I always mix my mineral foundation with some type of moisturizer and apply it this way in the cold weather.

I would also love more eye shadow sets :)
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Oxana124 wrote:Something neat would be a product that one can mix with powder makeup to turn it into a liquid/cream product. Like squirt a little of it in the palm of your hand, sprinkle some of your mineral foundation, mix, and you have yourself a liquid foundation! Same can be done with blush, highlight, etc.
Over the years I have tried mixing my minerals with various lotions, sunscreens, serums, aloe, etc. to create a liquid foundation. Sometimes it works nicely(seems like products with dimethicone really work for this, but not sure if you want to use silicones), other times it really doesn't mix well or is streaky and patchy.
It would be nice to have a product made just for this purpose especially as we head into winter.
Something a little moisturizing(with a little fractionated coconut oil perhaps, this is the least greasy oil I have found), but light, so it would work for most skin types.
There was discussion on this on the mineral makeup mania (delphi) quite a while ago. One mineral company did come up with the idea. The product is still on their site.

I tried it and did not really like it. Yes, it works but I find it better to just apply a moisturizer and then apply dry MMU over it.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks for asking :)

I would love the cream eye shadow line extended to include more neutrals. I wore the heck out of sunnyville during the summer: so convenient, especially for travel! I would love to see some nudes like Boom and the other muted ones, 2-3 matching shades.

Cream blushes! I'm still hoping for a Climax-like stick :)

I would be interested in other shades for the liner, like navy or emerald. A navy mascara would be great too!

You have that C booster powder to mix into our foundation, but I'm curious if you could offer something like Philosophy's turbo booster that we could just mix right into the moisturizer? I'm having trouble avoiding pilling after applying serums no matter what I try :(