Product Raves!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Product Raves!

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:55 pm

I will start this one, because I just tried something new that is fab!!!

I really love the Hot-Blooded lip gloss. It is exactly like Karen described on the website. -A shimmery muted wearable red. I will have to post my next FOTD wearing it.

Also, the Love Lure is a winner. It gave my face a slight sunkissed glow. I am just waiting to get a full size.

What are your favorite products?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
rubycat95

Re: Product Raves!

Post by rubycat95 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:10 pm

I also just received my sample of Love Lure and it is beautiful! I only swatched on the back of my hand (was wearing another, equally beautiful Glow today!) but I loved the look and am excited to get this in a full size as soon as it becomes available! I also love Breathless, which I won in the lippy contest last month!
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Jen:

I am glad to hear that Love Lure and Hot Blooded are beautiful. I have these two items (and others!) on order and I am patiently waiting for Canada Post.

I ordered Hot Blooded as wearable reds are hard to find & then when I do...it is discontinued!
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Autumn,
Thank goodness Karen is a good listener! She would never discontinue a wearable red if her customers liked it. In fact, she has brought some great colors back. I remember my Mother wearing Mary Kay Suede. I am so happy she duped it. I look at it as a wearable red, even though it is a bit brownish, too.
Faves-
christal

Post by christal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:59 am

Alright I must say that the HALO glow and MAC dupe of strereo rose MSF are to die for. Karen how DO YOU do it!
Gives a great sheen, and makes you glow. The all over glows are my fav product.

I also love the feel of the mineral e/s. Ive never worn them before, but they are so soft and finely milled.....a good highlighter is the one of MAC nylon. I barely put an shadow on my brush and it does the trick.....seriously I use only a few pin size amnt.
Ann

Post by Ann » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:13 am

my favourites are SN lipgloss! i wear them every day.. my current fav. is foreplay with the chocolate cherries scent! i absolutely adore it!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Yayyyy for Jaybird! :D

I posted a review of Jaybird on the website, but I thought I'd let you know here that it really is a great sister color to Birthday Suit. I think I would have to say Birthday Suit has remained my top choice even with all of the fabulous new color choices Karen has made for us (and my list of favorite Kisser Slickers is long!). However, I feel that Jaybird definitely gives BDS a run for the top spot. It is pretty much like the description-a neutral reddish nude. It is like 'my lips but better' with a kick. Regal is one of my favorites of the lipsticks and Jaybird is like the gloss color of it. I think if you were on the fence about ordering Jaybird because it seemed too close to Birthday Suit (which you own!), get it. It really is its own color and quite distinct from BDS in color, but equally fabulous in wearability and texture!
Faves-
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm a new customer, but I just placed my fourth order in three weeks. :oops:

I have yet to purchase anything that I don't like- I have found a holy grail in terms of lippies. I think that Karen has a great understanding of what it's like to be fair-skinned and wanting lovely color without looking clownish. I've adored all the blushes I've tried so far and I'm ordering more.

The foundation concept is genius- and though I think it could stand to be just a bit fuller in the coverage area, that can be overcome easily with damp application using hydrosol. What it lacks in coverage it definitely makes up for in terms of a fool-proof color match and beautiful finish.

I love the new perfecting powder, too- it's just as gorgeous as Date Bait- I can't decide which one I love more and again, it's a great product for those of us fair girls who want just a tiny bit more color, but can't handle a bronzer.

Most of all, your pricing is so fair, and your customer service is absolutely outstanding. With other MMU brands, most of us have to deal with a 5 day wait while they process (or longer)- then another couple of days for packaging, and then another 3-5 days for transit. I love the concept of ordering something on Friday and having it in my mailbox on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks, Karen!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:01 am

lil mikie lil abie.jpg
lil mikie lil abie.jpg (2.6 KiB) Viewed 6133 times
Love following this thread for the reminders of what to reexperience! :) I certainly know the feeling of all those closely-placed orders ;) & sometimes things get missed in the shuffle & excitement of new toys! Today I'll pull out Heavenly & play with it! mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:27 pm

I've been here, there, and everywhere which made it kind of difficult to order anything - but I just got a big package of stuff today to play with.

Loving the Damsel lippie so far - perfect dark pink - not easy to pull that off so it looks good on redheads but this one is divine.

Well done, Karen! :D