Holiday!?!?!?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
mlle.gnome

Re: Holiday!?!?!?

Post by mlle.gnome » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 am

Ooooh, a men's kit would be great!! My bf looooooves the Kiss cleanser. He uses it with one of those facial buffs for exoliation/cleansing.

He also loathes shaving because of red bumps/ingrowns, an aftershave would be ideal, then he could shave more often and be smooooth! :ugeek:

Another idea for a men's kit... not sure about everyone else's SO, but mine uses one of those 3-in-1 body wash/shampoo/conditioner so he can take quicker showers :roll: If there was an SN product combining those that would be awesome... scented very cleanly and refreshing, and lathers lots. Would purchase in a heart beat. :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 am

karen wrote:I'm working on it...the thing that's killing me is packaging and accessories at the moment. I have this one supplier who keeps saying that they're going to release some very.cool.stuff- the things we've all been dreaming about. So I'm kind of waiting on that before I can commit to a few things like the eye liner palettes (if it's as cool as I think it might be, it will be worth the wait).

So in the mean time I'm working on the other million or so things. Couple of questions....
For a purse size lotion- I'm thinking a 1 ounce bottle, but a 2 ounce is possible if you'd like. 2 ounces seems like a lot to carry around- and I'm thinking the formula will have a bit more oil in it so you wouldn't need much. How would you like it scented? I brought back a pound of the most wonderful French Lavender from vacation- I'm thinking that, and then maybe another one that smells a bit sweeter.

For a Men's Kit...what are your guys stealing from you??? Or what would make them happy? I'm going back and forth on an aftershave...I'm debating between something like a toner vs. more of a gelled oil type with a light oil like grapeseed. DH doesn't deal well with things that are too watery- but he's not exactly metro anyway. Maybe a shaving soap to go along with the aftershave?
Lotion: 1 oz or 2 oz is fine, I don't have a preference either way. Usually I carry 2 oz bottles. Lavender is good. I also think vanilla is a safe bet.

Men's kit: DH uses liquid cleanser, witch hazel based toner (though I don't think he's particularly attached to it), and light moisturizers. He doesn't use serums; I'm guessing they're too much trouble or something. So the gel is probably a good idea. He tends to not steal my stuff because I give him all my cast-offs anyway... but he does steal the lip scrub and the microderm cream. Oh, and he LOVES BBW white tea and ginger shower gel. If you could fragrance products like that I am certain he would be a loyal customer.
lairkeeper

Post by lairkeeper » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 pm

I love the idea of a gel aftershave for both the ladies and gents. I know I could use something on the "netherworld" after shaving that would stop bumps.
jandi

Post by jandi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 am

Oh, I just saw the picture of the BB palette that Sam posted, and it looks fantastic. Definitely suitable for holidays.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 am

Love French Lavender - I have some attar made from it. Beautiful scent. But for my carry-around moisturiser, I take one of Ida's little one-ounce lotion bars - it has the advantage of not spilling in my handbag, and doubling as lip balm. I try not to carry around liquidy things, at least not more than I have to, but it sounds like a lot of other folks would like it.

Have to chime in on Pink Twink, though - I use that one a lot as a one-colour wash, and it's a gorgeous colour - would love to see it in the regular lineup - it's one of those perfect eyeshadows. I think I need to pair it up with Tart Light and Ice Princess.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:06 am

I actually dreamed last night about an eyeliner palate, lol!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
curlychik

Post by curlychik » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Just wanted to chime in on Pink Twink as well - I love it! It is the most interesting color, a pinky-taupe(?) that makes a fabulous all-over wash. I would love to pick up another one of these. I'm also loving Picnic and Unique (the latter of which looks amazing with Burnished).

I know I have missed out on a bunch of GWP colors - anyone have a complete list? (with short descriptions??) ;)
Jan in ID

Post by Jan in ID » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm

I would buy the eyeliner palette in an instant! Great idea!
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 pm

I just queried DH about a men's kit. DH says a men's kit should include:

Fragrance (one of the solids would be fine - but he prefers sprays): he likes something "smoky and leathery" (Zirh Ikon is a fave)
Microderm face scrub (see, I told you he was stealing mine)
Cleanser
Toner
Shave Gel
Eye cream ("I really like eye treatments," he says)
Moisturizer
Lip scrub ("I don't know if a lot of men would, but it made my lips feel soft, like I wanted to kiss people," he says. "I actually wanted to use my lips." He makes kissing sounds as he says this.)

He says he doesn't use aftershave, and I know that my dad and brother don't, either.
DollDoll

Post by DollDoll » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:53 am

Hand cream is something quite a few men in my office steal from me....
(I ofered them the first time and it became a habit) :D