thank you karen!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ann

thank you karen!

Post by Ann » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:52 am

....for making your lipglosses the way they are.

let me start by introducing my mother.. who complains abt her lipsticks all the time. she is always on a hunt for a better lipstick. her ideal lipstick should be glossy, pigmented, non drying, non scented, doesn't smell plasticky.. etc etc.. (a very long list. you should get the idea by now.)

last christmas, i gave her a SN lipstick.. she didn't like it bcoz it was a little dry on her lips. and she hates doing an extra step of balming her lips (bcoz she doesn't have a good balm. DUH!)

so yesterday.. while she was showing me her lippie collection, and as usual, complaining about how she can't find a good lippy. i decided to show her the new berry collection lipglosses.

today.. she e-mailed me and said that she ain't giving them back.. she's hooked and wanted more!!

so here i am.. sitting here.. with 3 KS lesser from my collection.. but darn grateful for karen creating them.. coz i no longer have to listen to her nagging me abt that perfect lipstick.. and i can actually have someone to share my love for SN's lippies!

so once again.. thank you!

xoxo,
a grateful daughter
liljooules

Re: thank you karen!

Post by liljooules » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 pm

ah, mothers..they are all the same.

I've only started using SN somewhere in January and i haven't been back home since my last holiday in Christmas. Being a SN addict now, one of the first few thing i did when i got home last weekend was show my mom my MMU stash (yes, i lugged most of them home) and helped her get a huge pot of foundation shade that matches her. I even gave her my perfecting powder. She has been using it for a couple of days now and this afternoon, she asked since when i've started using MMU. When i told her i started in January, she gave me a small whack on the back of my head. I was thinking "oh no, she's going to start lecturing me about my stash that i accumulated in such short period of time".

Guess what she said??

With a straight face in her normal serious tone, she said "IT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO INTRO THESE STUFF TO ME??"...followed by "GO GET ME SOME FULL SIZES SINCE YOU WON"T BE BACK TILL CHRISTMAS"..

and then she continued.."IN THE MEANTIME, I'LL HAVE SOME OF YOUR LIPSTICKS"..

so yeah, here's my story.

I think if she could be a little bit more internet-savvy, she would have mailed Karen to tell her how good her stuff is and then proceed to calling her a bad influence because she made me spend so much.

Yeah, my mom is a little wacky. haha
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:17 pm

That's so cool! Yes, they are all the same (in mostly wonderful ways I might add...just in case mine is reading). A few threads back there were a few Moms saying that their daughters were stealing their makeup. I know the first lip gloss I ever made was tinted with some lipstick I stole from my mother- and now she takes mine! Aaah the circle of life!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Oh I wish I could steal from my mum

She's never really wore make up - but now she's stealling mine SN collection
Her shoes size is 4 UK and mine 9UK (we have 8 inches different in height) but that doesn't stop her form nicking my socks
Her books are mills & and boons, while I prefer paranormal romances, and every day one goes missing while I'm at work :lol:
Everytime she walks into my room to talk, she "borrows" some of my perfune, body spray - what ever is handy on my dressing table to sprizt herself with - gotta love mums

Next week I'm thinking of "borrowing" her fav top to wear to work.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:36 pm

Ok, Sarah, spill it. What are mills & boons? (I may like them,ROFL!)

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:08 pm

You've never heard of mills & boon books, well let me education you and everyone else on the forum. These are the books that every women should read according to my mum - I have yet to read even one.

These books mikie, I think are right up your alley. Mills & boons is the name of the publisher. They've been around for 100 years now

Imagine a book front cover of a guy and a girl. His shirt is undone and she's wearing a beautiful dress while showing a much skin as possible without being crude. With titles like "Forbbiden: The billionairs virgin princess" & "Guarded Hearts" - need I say more.....................mmmm maybe I should read one soon :twisted:

When I come home from work mum is always on the sofa reading either one of mine or her mills & boons lol

Heres the website Mikie, if they don't deliver abroad, I'm sure ebay will be selling lots. You can even read some online for free

http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/

Enjoy :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:27 pm

OK, thanks for clearing that up & educating me! I'm into real-life mayhem & crime-solving & trials & whatnot.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:31 pm

well I'm sure there is crime in there somewhere mikie.

You just have to keep reading the book and hope for crime LOL