Friday the 13th party? :-)

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
~*mikie*~

Friday the 13th party? :-)

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:28 am

Anybody ready for a GREAT day today? Slept like a ROCK last night, yay! READY for some fun now. Biopsy's *done*, I will *heal* & it will be *fine*, & I DESERVE TREATS :D !!! Who'll party with me? And I wonder what treats I *need* ;) ! ROFL! What faves have found their way to your mailbox recently? :D
bjSIHwE7TeDA+VQz7MWuHdtDfR2ss8H40060.jpg
bjSIHwE7TeDA+VQz7MWuHdtDfR2ss8H40060.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Rhys

Re: Friday the 13th party? :-)

Post by Rhys » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:27 am

We definitely need a party to celebrate your good news! Where's the champagne? Where are the cabana boys? :mrgreen:

Oy, gevault you want to know what goodies have got here or are on their way?

You seen MOAC yet?

Okay. I didn't buy Divine. Or Cabana. And I didn't buy Tweed. And I didn't buy Teak-ie.

We won't mention that the last three are in my shopping cart.

You're gonna LOVE the sealant, the cream liners and the morphing shadows :mrgreen:
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Mikie-
Happy 'Friday the 13th'! I am so glad to hear your positive thoughts. I hope you find a *few* goodies to treat yourself. ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:01 pm

happy Friday the 13th, Mikie!!! Let us know what minerals you end up rolling in for your special treat. tehehehe. i always picture you with a big grin literally rolling in a pile of mmu products. Makes me smile. :)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:36 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! 13 is not my lucky number- not a good day for me, but all in all it wasn't a bad day. People were out- we had the cute 15 year-old high school girls come into the shop- and that's always fun. Today they did rainbow eye makeup- the kind of things that only look good on teenagers- but the energy from being around them is great!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:29 am

I have a coworker who absolutely loves Halloween and Friday the 13th, so she would have loved to party with you. So glad you are thinking positive thoughts, and want to start :rolling in minerals again. I'm like Sam, I always picture you with a large grin rolling around in a pile of minerals whenever you say that. :)
I'm loving both Fire and Brimstone, and am enjoying playing with creamliners. And I absolutely swear I will never run out of tempt tryst, as it is the perfect FP for me. I thought that Love Lure was my HG, but have decided that this TT is instead.

Hollis
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:48 am

Woo-hoo! Love how you gals enable me without even trying, ROFL!

Karen, I would LOVE to have been there with those young gals playing in your makeup!!! We would've gotten along famously, LOL! I can squeal with delight along with the best of them! :D Rainbow eyes would've been a hoot to create! My friends & I have always said that one of these days we're going to have a fluffing party & play in minerals all together the way we would've loved to as kids! I'd be in my element.

You gals are *not* going to believe how my day actually went. I actually consider Fri the 13th a *lucky* day...you know me, *every* day's a lucky one, hehe. My cousin had emailed me & we'd decided to go shopping last night after work *&* to "work on" our hubbies about meeting at our local racino to watch the horse racing tonight. Soooo, you know the prospect of shopping just brightens my day ~ & I headed outdoors for lunch. MISSED the top step in the stairwell & went *airborne* :shock: & FLEW *headfirst* :o into a concrete wall,LOLOL! I landed rather ungraciously, all akimbo. Couldn't believe I hadn't cracked open my head or broken any bones or tore my stitches from Wednesday's procedure! SEE? I *told* you it was *lucky*! My right foot & ankle are not very happy *but* I "just happen to" carry a very pretty cane in my car ~ soooooo, a friend & I hobbled out to my car to fetch my cane & all was well. Did any of the above STOP ME FROM SHOPPING last night? Heck, no!!! Came home armed with *7* new shirts for my hubby & some red tea for myself >>> I was excited about all of it, *mostly* about my red tea.

Oh! Forgot! I need help,LOL! After I'd been sccoped out & burnt & then cut & scooped & stitched on Wednesday (the danged thing was RIGHT ON my braline, sigh, so a REALLY bad place for stitches,LOL), I lollygagged on our couch ~ & Abie (the furkid in my pics) CHANGED the ORIENTATION on my computer ~ like going from portrait mode to landscape. I was astounded when I got up from the couch & discovered that EVERYTHING on my computer was now *sideways* :shock: . My puter is just a basic Dell with Vista (Home Basic or somesuch) on it. I have NO clue what buttons he could have hit to make the screenshot swivel 90 degrees?!? Does anybody have a clue??? Had to have been something on the (Dell) keyboard he hit since he loves to stretch out on the desk if given the opportunity, sigh. I am NOT computer savvy at *all*. Our workaround solution was to take the monitor off its holder & to stand it on end propped against the wall,LOL, so that now I can see again,ROFL. Any thoughts?

How did your day(s) go, gals? Share! Share!
bjSIHwE7TeDA+VQz7MWuHdtDfR2ss8H40060.jpg
bjSIHwE7TeDA+VQz7MWuHdtDfR2ss8H40060.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
mikie
~*mikie*~

Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:31 am

I think Friday the 13th is *lucky* too. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th (um...9 years ago? lol) so it's always kinda been my special day. I didn't do TOO much fun but I went to the movies and I found my special flipflops at payless (pretty much one- different- company every year comes out with one pair of flip flops made entirely out of a sueded rubber type material- the WHOLE flipflop. It doesn't rub at all or hurt my feet and so it's the only kind i wear. They're reeeeeally hard to find though)

i'm not sure about the screen thing so i googled it for you:

This one seems to say hit ctrl+alt+delete and then ctrl+alt+up arrow
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/411185/ho ... ientation/

My computer doesn't seem to have the ability to rotate so i couldn't test it
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:21 am

Sam, you are a GENIUS!!! It WORKED!!! I'd gone to our puter guru at work yesterday & his (really helpful) suggestion was to get rid of Vista,LOL! Now, to *me* that wasn't much help!

I KNEW one of you gals would be savvy enough to figure it out! THANK you, Samantha! :-)

mikie
~*mikie*~

karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Mikie- you and my mother would get along famously! My mother can gripe all the way to the mall about being tired, and achy- but the second she sets foot in Macy's she's miraculously healed. I hope everything is okay and that you're not too seriously injured. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I have no idea what's on tap for this weekend- right now it's looking like a choice between working on the web site a little, or going on some sort of an adventure. Tomorrow we're getting together with the extended family for Father's Day and that's usually fun to see the whole gang.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten